Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

A little bit of background information, I have owned many different motorcycle, including Honda CBR954, CBR600, SuperDuke, Triumph Speed Triple, etc... and now a 2018 Vstrom 650.

I am planing on getting fun second bike for pleasure rides, mostly canyon and occasional track days.

about 7 years ago, I went from supersport motorcycles to naked / sport touring / ADV motorcycles as I did not find too pleasant to ride more than a few hours on supersport bikes.

But now that I have a commuter motorcycle, I am looking for a second motorcycle more towards canyon and track day ride.

I am between K7 750 and Triumph Speed/Street Triple. The reason is purely ride position / comfort. My goal here is to have a very good motorcycle for canyon and track rides that I can actually enjoy riding more than a few hours.

I used Motorcycle Ergo website (for some reason is down now) and I noticed that K6 and K7 750's have a little bit more upright riding position than the later models (38 vs 42 angle)

So the question is: Have anybody noticed that the K6-7 are actually a little bit more comfier than other models. I am trying to buy the most possible comfortable sportsbike out there or ended up with a Triumph Speed/Street triple.

Performance wise in canyons and track, how the K7 are compared with Speed/Street triple ?

Thank you all

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sit on one to find out 100% or ride one if you can. Every bike is going to feel different for everyone. I'm 5ft 6 and have an 06 750 and find it uncomfortable on long distances. Cant really get a definitive answer on this kind of question since it'll differentiate with every rider on comfort. But to help you out as much as I can, if I was 5ft 8, I would love my 750 as a daily, track, and canyon bike. But when you say canyon and leaning towards the 07 750, I'm assuming you will be hitting some corners, in which I feel the 750 checks all those categories. Street, track, or canyon.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Also adding that you can make your 750 do what you want it to do. Never ridden a speed triple though. But from what I've seen from friends, it looks more of the street/canyon bike. Havent seen any of those on the track so far.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
If you want comfort, don't buy a race replica. Full stop. Track days are faster, but long rides feel longer.

The ergonomics between all models '06 to '19 is the same. Yes. The same, or near enough as makes no difference.

You need to make a decision on speed or street triple. They have similar names, but are a fair amount different, namely, 400cc and many performance bits. Oh, yeah... price, too.

If you are gonna spend the majority of your time on the bike on the street, get a standard bike. More time on track? Go for a race bike.

My favourite answer: why not both? lol

·
Currently using pedals..
2,979 Posts
I vote both!

Based off what you’ve said, get the triple if you care that much about comfort. That thing is no slouch and I’ve seen plenty of folks on standard bikes ripping up the track. I will always advocate for my GSXR though!

·
Super Moderator
14,937 Posts
If you have to ask, just get the speed triple. There is no such thing as a comfortable GSX-R. They are very focused machines.

·
Administrator
13,253 Posts
Most comfortable gsxr full stop is the k3/4 1000 ... but that still doesn’t make them plush by any stretch.

For a bike to just blast around on for 1-2 hours any of the gsxr 600/750 are going to be okay unless you have back/shoulder/neck issues.

It makes a huge difference what type of riding your doing , hitting up corners on a sport bikes is more comfortable than hwy km’s Where you are locked in a position , I’m 6.4 and can ride a sport bikes 600/750 for at least 3-4 hours (even with a lower back injury) if I’m riding roads that allow me to shift around.

Best way to tell is to actually test ride a few different types/styles ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
8you4t
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing