Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Rode for many years as a youth...dropped out for more than 15 years and now I'm back ('01 GSXR600). Took the MSF basic and intermediate course with my own bike. I commute about 80 miles round trip per day on the bike (freeway). I have an Alpine stars jacket and sp1 gloves, Arai Corsa, Sidi Vertbra 2 boots and been using the icon undergear with thick jeans for pants and just been looking for pants. I'm 6' 1" and 215lbs. cannot find leather pants that fit right. Any suggestions? Just dont want to get back out there without some full leather protection...I may be a squid but I ain't stupid...any help woudl be great guys

·
Registered
33 Posts
joe rocket speed master pants fit great (I am about the same size, for something less serious try draggin jeans (they make them in loose as well)

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'll check them out...not looking for anything less serious.

you only get one ass...better to keep it protected

·
Registered
401 Posts
i love my a-star track pants

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hello all,

Rode for many years as a youth...dropped out for more than 15 years and now I'm back ('01 GSXR600). Took the MSF basic and intermediate course with my own bike. I commute about 80 miles round trip per day on the bike (freeway). I have an Alpine stars jacket and sp1 gloves, Arai Corsa, Sidi Vertbra 2 boots and been using the icon undergear with thick jeans for pants and just been looking for pants. I'm 6' 1" and 215lbs. cannot find leather pants that fit right. Any suggestions? Just dont want to get back out there without some full leather protection...I may be a squid but I ain't stupid...any help woudl be great guys
Since you're in the Bay Area, you might want to check-out a couple of the local custom shops, Johnson Leathers in SF www.johnsonleather.com, or Helimot in San Jose www.helimot.com. Johnson's sells T-pro armor, which are aguably the best impact protecotrs available, and Helimot has a cultish following. You may find more info on local shops on either www.southbayriders.com or www.bayarearidersforum.com

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
the teknic sport pants are very good also. i picked up a pair and they fit true to youre waist size. if you are a 36 then the 36 will fit.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone...settled on the A*'s Bat Pants...they zip quite nicely into the A*'s jacket I have. Found them for $150 too so I'm pretty damn happy about it...they are shipping out for delivery tomorrow too.

·
Registered
401 Posts
oh your in san jose, HA

the roadrider store over on monterray rd is a nice place

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's damn near Disneyland in that joint. got the pants and a nice new set of Pirelli Diablo buns for the bike, a healthy supply of fluids and cleaners, and I'll be going back to upgrade my P.O. S. helmet I have. Looking at Arai and Shark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.