Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ladies,
I just bought my hot half a new 2013 GSXR 600, its her first bike, I just booked the local riding course at the end of the month for two days for her, and we are in the process of getting all her gear. For some reason she wants leather riding pants to match a leather/mesh jacket she would get because she's tiny, and wears spray painted on rock revival jeans all the time LOL.. I told her that she should NOT wear leathers all the time because it gets hot here, and there are jeans that everyone wears for riding. .So my question is have any of you found any that you like that are a tight fit and good for riding? Kevlar? or any specific "protective" type of jeans that don't look like baggy guy jeans? Can you post any links to where I could find these jeans? Thanks in advance. :cheers

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
Smartest play: Let her get what she wants when it comes to gear. If she wants leather, let her get leather. That's usually better abrasion protection than denim anyways.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I know she would look DAMN good sporting leathers but... well lets face it, I don't really have a reason why she shouldn't get them other then jeans are cheaper maybe but don't look so good lol.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't really have a reason why she shouldn't get them other then jeans are cheaper maybe ...
Seriously? You just sprang for a new 2013 and you're concerned about the price difference. The savings in rash repair at your local ER will greatly out-weigh the difference in the cost of leather over denim.

Go with the leather ... Rev'it fits nice :)

The only problem you'll have is trying to avoid target fixation :nono

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seriously? You just sprang for a new 2013 and you're concerned about the price difference. The savings in rash repair at your local ER will greatly out-weigh the difference in the cost of leather over denim.

Go with the leather ... Rev'it fits nice :)

The only problem you'll have is trying to avoid target fixation :nono
lol NO! :nono.. she is buying whatever pants she decides to get, not me, I just bought the bike and the helmet and her riding course.. I know leather is better for protection, she was just asking me about jeans and leathers and saying that she wants leather. My only issue w/ leather is the fit and trying them on before she buys any and it gets hot as shit here in summer.. well not like in TX or anything but still pretty warm.

"target fixation"... Ya I have that problem when she has ANYTHING on in front of me lol :dunno

1 - 8 of 8 Posts