Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving to norway. Where's the best places to ride. I've rarely seen sports bikes over there. Any comments...

·
Nazi Lustful Faggot - hot for Hermann Göring & Cai
3,250 Posts
That because they are driving Volvo's and Volvo doesn't produce any sportbikes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
havent been riding there personally but alot of my friends goes on their bike holiday there because of the nice roads and scenary.. Ive heard that the police is very hard on speeding in Norway so keep your eyes open for them i think the maximum speed on the freeway is 100kmh im not sure if my friend is just talking shiet but thats what he said.
Will go for a trip there my self next year with my gf.

Here are some pictures from a guy who did a 3days ride in norway all roads dont seem sportbike friendly but. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605542

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm moving to norway. Where's the best places to ride. I've rarely seen sports bikes over there. Any comments...
I am Norwegian...

The roads along the coast are marvelous, as are the various mountainpasses...
I've only been to a fraction of the roads in my own country, so I still have plenty of roads to choose from.

Where in Norway are you moving?
That might narrow it down to roads you can access from home, without driving for hours just to get there.

By the way; It's october, and winter is coming fast. Was out yesterday, and had 5 degrees C/41 F. Not very pleasant, and the roads are icy in the morning. Most people are tucking away their bikes for the winter these days...

By the way 2;
There are a lot of sportsbikes over here, but they are playing "hide and seek" with the norwegian higway patrol...:biggrin
Maybe that's why you don't see them?

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
That because they are driving Volvo's and Volvo doesn't produce any sportbikes.
Neither did BMW!... :dunno :hammer

The hot tip is to avoid the ice! :cheers

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
PS, Volvo are made in Sweden, not Norway!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts