Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know what everyone is wearing while riding, full leathers, textile jackets, shirts, etc... Daily riders, and weekend riders.

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: God ]</p>

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
This is all when the bike ran and before I got my leather pants.
I always wear:
Helmet
Leather Jacket
Jeans
Boots
Leather Gloves
Now I got some leather pants that match and zip into my jacket for X-mas. I am not sure if I will wear them all the time or not as my whole suit is black. I am pretty sure I will wear them most of the time though, shorts will fit nice under the pants but anything big won't.
It is nice being a guy since you can pretty much change anywere as long as you don't freeball it lol.

jontflesh

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here in SoCal, it gets too hot to wear my Leather jacket, but I see lots of riders still wearing there leathers even @ 90+ degree heat. Me, I cant stand sweating under my leathers, its very uncomfortable. But at night I strap on the leathers.

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Super600:
Here in SoCal, it gets too hot to wear my Leather jacket, but I see lots of riders still wearing there leathers even @ 90+ degree heat. Me, I cant stand sweating under my leathers, its very uncomfortable. But at night I strap on the leathers.<hr></blockquote>

Don't take this the wrong way at all man. I have rode in LA a few times so I know the heat, it is very compareable to Denver. I still wear the shit unless it is above 100degrees. If you get a camel back you can pour some of the water inside of the jacket. It actually helps out alot. Also get a bandanna or one of those neck cooler things that you can cool off with while you ride.
I look at it this way, the wreck does not care how hot it is, your body will care how the wreck goes though.

Just my opinion on gear. If I have it I wear it.

jontflesh

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
depends on what im doing/where im riding. if im out bullshittin then m jeans tshirt tennis shoes. If im stuntin or twisties, then its at summer tex jacket, or leather. Always got on some type of gloves and helmet on .I will admit i squid it now and then, ie wheelies/stoppies in tshirts/jeans..

·
Banned
19,349 Posts
Full leathers (2-piece Fieldsheer), gloves, boots. All the time, even if I'm just going to the gas station to top off the tank. Temperature doesn't matter. As a matter of fact, it's usually more dangerous in hotter weather 'cause cagers with the air blasting are more insulated from their driving environment & less likely to notice the "invisible" motorcycles.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Jacket, helmet, gloves and jeans...at the very least.

I'm hoping to get a pair of Draggin' Jeans and boots soon.

·
Pukey
5,698 Posts
Suzuki jacket by Intersport - I guess Nylon with armor

Spidi gloves with carbon fiber padding.

Jeans.

Tennis shoes.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I got helmet, gloves, boots, jacket. I will soon get my pants. Later on a 1 piece. I wear this 90% of the time.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Around town I use a leather jacket that has the zip open vents front and back. They work better than the perforations in my suit which is used for the track and weekend rides.

With the zip open vents I could even wear it through an Arizona summer...granted you don't want to wear it while you're sitting around talking. But going down the road it's fine... even better if you sweat a little first.

My minimum: leather jacket, jeans, riding boots, helmet and gloves.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Flip flops, cut off shorts, and my Oakleys usually. If I'm going out to do some SERIOUS (wheelies/endos) riding, then Nike's and my $1000 custom painted Arai.

Summer: Prexport boots, lid, motocross gloves, Phoenix jacket, jeans.

Winter: Fieldsheer 2-pc X-speed suit, Leather gloves (kevlar and all, Fieldsheer), same boots, same helmet.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
helmet, gloves 100% of the time
jeans 99% of the time(wore khakis once)
leather jacket 90% of the time no matter how hot - i wore it when it was 105 a couple weeks ago - if i'm going to the bank or 7-11 or something where i can guarantee i'm not gonna step on the freeway, expressways, or twisties i will wear a sweatshirt

boots 90% of the time - the occasional tennis shoes which i would like to try and stop doing...

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: gixxer_750y ]

·
Registered
711 Posts
Weekdays:
Spidi NT Trans jacket
Jeans
Arai Quantum/f
Teknic Violator II gloves(if cold - Alpinstars waterproofs)
Hiking boots

Weekends:
same but replace jacket and jeans with Bell2 1-piece leathers (someday soon to change to custom suit or some better brand like Spidi, Spyke, RS Taichi, Kushitani, Kobe, etc.)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't care how hot it is..it gets up to 115 F here in South texas- I always wear a leather riding jacket, full leather/kevlar gaunlets, motorcross boots, full helmet, and jeans- I'll be getting some new leather pants soon, my other ones don't fit right. The heat isn't too bad as long as I'm not gridlocked in traffic- I'd rather be a bit sweaty then look like a squid, or worse, wipe out and suffer roadrash and the resulting infection.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
alpinestars jacket and gloves, helmet, jeans and leather shoes in the real world...hot, cold or whatever...i've bounced down the road a few times and better the jacket than me!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am usually in a t-shirt and jeans and my helemet and a pair of lugz boots. Is that not efficient, it seems as though some of you guys think leathers are a super must.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
if im just running to the store its always jeans,t-shirt and helmet...anytime other than that its Joe rocket leather jacket,jeans,helmet and joe rocket gloves and some kind of boots. rarely due i break out the other half (pants) of the joe rocket suit unless im going to REALLY play.

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ProGSX-R:
it seems as though some of you guys think leathers are a super must.<hr></blockquote>

Just think of *if* you go down what leather will do to help. I friggen hate road rash, hurts for a long long time.
I have seen to many people with ugly ass scars to want to risk that at all, expecially if I have the gear sitting at home.Kinda like the guys who have a helmet tied to thier back seat. If you got it wear it.
Just MHO though.

jontflesh

·
Registered
68 Posts
Unless I am just around my neighborhood, I always wear leather jacket, jeans, helmet, gloves, and boots. The drivers around D.C. are not the most responsible, so better safe then sorry!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts