Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to riding and dont know too many people that have bikes and the few i know are on cruisers or dont ride with girls which is dumb i know but im looking for some girls that have crotch rockets and would be willing to meet up and ride together every so often ...cause i sure hate riding alone but i do it anyways.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
If you're in a rural area, like me, this is a hard one. We only have a hand-full of sportbikes here total. There's one other woman an hour away, and she's still pretty new to riding.

Check out www.sportbikes.ws; they have regional subforums & a women's subforum (but it's not very active). We also have a local sportbike forum, and that's been a way of finding other women in the area who ride sport. You can check with motorcycle dealers too. They may have some women customers they can connect you with.

And stay open to riding with non-sport women riders, cause they just might catch the bug too if they see you having a great time!

Good luck & have fun!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im new to riding and dont know too many people that have bikes and the few i know are on cruisers or dont ride with girls which is dumb i know but im looking for some girls that have crotch rockets and would be willing to meet up and ride together every so often ...cause i sure hate riding alone but i do it anyways.
Also try Meetup.com, they have quite a few D/FW sportbike groups...Some do laid-back meetups or hangouts and some are into long rides all the time.... good luck

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
If you are new to riding, ride alone for now. You have enough to concentrate on without having to concentrate on spacing and hand signals. Too many times, group riding will cause riders to ride above their skill level. Wait till you have a few thousand miles under your belt.

·
Nothing but Adrenaline-Fueled Business Ends
25,701 Posts
I used to run with an awesome group of ladies in the north Dallas area... but we've all since moved or work too much to do anything as a group anymore. Some switched to dirt, or track-only as well. I don't have any names/sites I can point you to anymore, sorry.

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts
there's a ton of ppl in the dfw area that you can meet up with. i'd suggest checking local boards, or something like twowheelfix.com where there's a relatively healthy online community to meet up with ppl :)

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts
one more recommendation: if and when you find some ppl, start on short/easy rides. get to know them and their style. if you're comfy, go for the longer rides. but the last thing you want is to be stuck with a group that makes you uncomfortable (riding style or otherwise) and be on a 9 hour ride with them ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you are new to riding, ride alone for now. You have enough to concentrate on without having to concentrate on spacing and hand signals. Too many times, group riding will cause riders to ride above their skill level. Wait till you have a few thousand miles under your belt.
Agree :cheers

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
I know post at my own risk.... Red I know of a few ladies that ride and not to far from you. I will check with them and if they are cool with it, I will send you a pm with a way to contact them.

FYI. Your more then welcome to join any ride we have going on. We ride out in the lewisville area alot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts