Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,859 Posts
That was a careless pass. Nurburgring is full of try-hards and civilians that have never been to the track, so you essentially have to treat it like riding on the streets at slightly more insane speeds.

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
Personally, riding on a track populated with cars seems fricken stupid. It's just a matter of time before you get whacked.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
What was careless about that pass?
Goofball in car was distracted because he had just been passed, I would have waited a little. Just like on the street, a bike can disappear behind a car, especially since it seemed like the track was full of people driving 6/10ths in hatchbacks, as opposed to hi-po cars with good drivers in them. It's not like you are going for first place at an important race. Great job by the rider keeping it up.

·
Currently using pedals..
2,979 Posts
Just like on the street, a bike can disappear behind a car, especially since it seemed like the track was full of people driving 6/10ths in hatchbacks, as opposed to hi-po cars with good drivers in them.
Appreciate the explanation, Nick did say something similar after all I suppose. I guess the rules of engagement change with cagers on the track :lol

·
19,104 Posts
Appreciate the explanation, Nick did say something similar after all I suppose. I guess the rules of engagement change with cagers on the track :lol
Fuck yeah, I would be nervous as hell out there with what looked like a bunch of noobs in very average cars.

·
19,104 Posts
My first thought. Fuck that. There were a lot of cars too.
From what I have read, they have open days where anyone can just go pay to drive around the track, buses included. It sure didn't look like performance cars being driven hard. Looked more like my dad taking an afternoon drive in his Avalon.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,859 Posts
Unlike your normal track days, there are plenty of brand new people that have never been on the track before. That car had just gotten passed, and there was very little room to initiate that pass in the first place (also the reason why he had no room to escape when the car did get back over). Had he waited a split second longer, or waited for the typical turn signal to indicate they know they're being passed, he would have gotten by just fine. Hence, impatience is bad.
Rules of engagement would be different if this wasn't an open track day, but the number of cars and the lack of skill should have been enough that he should have known not to be impatient.

·
Currently using pedals..
2,979 Posts
Unlike your normal track days, there are plenty of brand new people that have never been on the track before. That car had just gotten passed, and there was very little room to initiate that pass in the first place (also the reason why he had no room to escape when the car did get back over). Had he waited a split second longer, or waited for the typical turn signal to indicate they know they're being passed, he would have gotten by just fine. Hence, impatience is bad.
Rules of engagement would be different if this wasn't an open track day, but the number of cars and the lack of skill should have been enough that he should have known not to be impatient.
I'm tracking now :cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts