Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Funny, I don't remember Mullholland being near a stream?

Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww - cute kid. I remember when mine was still cute. She's all growed-up now at 24... sniff! :crying

Here's when she was still young and cute in 2005 on that 636 just before leaving on that ride around New England (earlier in this thread).

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Love it Andre , introduce your kids to bikes at an early age ... then you can share the same passion/hobby.

My boys LOVE bikes

·
7,744 Posts
Love it Andre , introduce your kids to bikes at an early age ... then you can share the same passion/hobby.

My boys LOVE bikes

When I was a kid, my parents were so ultraradical-anti-bike that I was forbidden to even try any of my friend's dirtbikes or even minibikes. Obviously, I became obsessed with them.

Brilliant, mom & dad :cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Not much of a photo but a good ride none the less.
Went through the National Park to Bald Hill, down to Macquarie Pass, Robertson, Blew an absolute gale there and so bloody cold we nearly came home, it must have been so close to snowing. Decided to press on to Kangaroo Valley, bit warmer there.
The roads through through Mac Pass and the Valley were superb, Havent been down that way for a while and forgot just how good they were, the twisties in both places only total about 20kilometers combined but unreal road surface and plenty of slow tight stuff.:thumbup

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
However, to address your actual point, I have been slacking for some time now. The 750 Turbo isn't on the road and I have been searching for a long time for one of these in decent shape. I test rode this yesterday and if my mechanic like it, I'm picking up my first sumo - I want something different. With this on hand, I predict I will not be able to stop riding

Aprilia's tiny little 550 Vtwins are total beasts. They're an actual race motor though so frequent rebuilds, which is why my mechanic needs to sign-off on my purchase. He has worked on these a lot so I just need to find one that's serviceable. Fingers crossed.

Great Bike, but lots of service! I ran a Husqvarna 450 and a 510 for a couple years, lots of service with those , but nothing like that Ape. Hope you have deep pockets.

·
7,744 Posts
Great Bike, but lots of service! I ran a Husqvarna 450 and a 510 for a couple years, lots of service with those , but nothing like that Ape. Hope you have deep pockets.
Before I applied myself to shopping, I researched rebuild costs (6K and 12K mile). Three mechanics told me that if it's not actually being raced, they just don't bother with the rebuilds. No point replacing pistons & rings if compression is good. Guys on the Aprillia forum say they go 45K kms without constantly being wrenched.

Also I have one major (Honda) dealership here who readily quote reasonable numbers over the phone for the two main rebuilds.... and my actual mechanic loves wrenching these. Shouldn't be too bad.. I hope.
Time will tell :cheers

·
7,744 Posts
Yeah it's like nothing I've ever been on. Coming from a big gix, it's like a rabbit VS a dog. Sure on a long enough straight, the big bike will reel me in but everywhere else, it's nuts. Will be taking it to the track soon - can't wait.

This guy took a ride across some wet cement, it seems. That's what you get for painting a busa pink :biggrin

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,047 Posts
be safe man, should be an awesome ride!

·
Administrator
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Big ride planned next week me and my young bloke
3 days, not quite 2300K's, arguably the best roads in the state.
Putty Rd, Thunderbolts Way, Bruxner Highway, Gwydir Highway, Waterfall Way, Oxley Highway.
Can't wait. Will post pics when we finish.
View attachment 568756
Fuck yeah ... take lots of pics brother.

I’ll have to come up for a look around soon 🤙

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Didn't finish the ride, young blokes water pump ( I think ) shit itself.
He went around me pretty quick and I saw a momentary shot of steam emanate from his left boot, I rounded him up and there was coolant leaking from the water pump area, cant see where it is coming from precisely.
Limped it 10k's into Glen Innes, call home for a trailer, round trip, 1500K's, His Mrs wasn't impressed :p

Anyway, we did get 1400K's ridden.
If your in Oz you really should get up to the New England region of NSW.
Ive ridden Thunderbolts Way several times, don't get the chance to see 299 too often but I simply can't help myself up there, it is a spectacular road, Mountainous up hill for about the first 30K's that open up into massive radius sweepers that you can see tomorrow on entry, apex and exit, unbelievable!

Ive never ridden on the Bruxner Hwy before and that was a prelude as to what was to come.
There have been recent fires up there that has burn out about 25000 hectares, luckily for us the road was open despite trees still smouldering. East of Tenterfield for about 50K's is tremendous mountainous road.
Tenterfield has an elevation of about 1300mtrs, It takes about an hour to wind your way down to the plateau.
A bit bumpy for my liking but the bike soaked it up thanks to shock treatment a few weeks ago, thanks Terry.

After another few hundred K's we found our way to the Gwider Hwy.
What a stunning road, perhaps the best Ive ever been on, racetrack smooth for the most part in complete pristine wilderness, as the mountains get closer the more windy the road becomes until you start the huge uphill climb.
The uphill climb is only about 20Ks in is unbelievably smooth and it is corner after corner, it begs you to go back down and do it all again.
Missed out on the Waterfall way and the Oxley because of the Trailer return trip but there is no doubt at all, I will be back up there.

Got for pics, I'll post some up soonish.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Going to finish this ride this weekend, Putty Rd, to Gloucester, shoot out to the Hwy from there and stay at Nanbucca Friday night.
Waterfall Way to Ebor. Armidale Rd, Gwyder Hwy to Glenn Inness, down to the Oxley Hyw to Mt Seaview Saturday, Home via Oxley Walcha, Thunderbolts to Gloucester, Putty Rd Sunday. 1822K's, Can't wait.
Will take a camera this time so I dont have to stuff around with a bloody I phone

121 - 140 of 140 Posts