Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Administrator
13,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Riding is riding ... glad I’m not the only one out , it’s cold as shit here (winter) and still plenty of riders out !!!

Where all our members that’s enjoying summer atm ?!?!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Riding is riding ... glad I’m not the only one out , it’s cold as shit here (winter) and still plenty of riders out !!!

Wish I could say it’s cold as shit here. I am in Orlando, Fl. The land of the giant rat and 8 summers 1 spring and a 2week winter.

·
Administrator
13,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Some pics from day two of road trip ... beautiful coastal roads/views

Attachments

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,743 Posts

It's so cute how he thinks this is winter and it's.. and I quote "cold as shit here"

Nah mate, if you never have to dig your car out of a snowbank, that's not winter. And I'll bet your ears have also never 'heard' when it's truly cold out - when it's so cold that snow begins to make a crunching sound under your feet.

·
Administrator
13,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)
Well then if that’s your situation I’m not referring too you then am I ... please remind me how much riding you did this summer ... or last , you know ... when there’s no snow to use as an excuse;)

I’m sure you’ve referred to a Canadian summer as warm ... that’s adorable haha

·
7,743 Posts
We just came out of a heat wave last week - it got up to a toasty 42 with humidity so we get the heat as well as cold.

I do ride 52kms a day.... only a little slower than you. I'm lucky that I live near the water in Montreal's west island so this is what my commute looks like. I follow the lakeshore / canal all the way to old Montreal with only a single stop sign or road to cross.

Dedicated car lanes, bike lanes and pedestrian lanes make for smooth sailing.

I have to hold back from posting pics.... my commute is total fucking Zen

Along the Canal... starting to see downtown off in the distance

Even past Old Montreal, I'm now stuck with intersections and stoplights but it's still all in dedicated bike lanes.

Then I climb up to the plaeau, ride through Parc Lafontaine and the final 2kms are actually riding a bike on the street. Not a bad commute.

And here's an actual ride.... a little 100KM loop to Coteau du Lac the other weekend.

·
7,743 Posts
However, to address your actual point, I have been slacking for some time now. The 750 Turbo isn't on the road and I have been searching for a long time for one of these in decent shape. I test rode this yesterday and if my mechanic like it, I'm picking up my first sumo - I want something different. With this on hand, I predict I will not be able to stop riding

Aprilia's tiny little 550 Vtwins are total beasts. They're an actual race motor though so frequent rebuilds, which is why my mechanic needs to sign-off on my purchase. He has worked on these a lot so I just need to find one that's serviceable. Fingers crossed.

·
Administrator
13,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
That Aprilia is sexy !!!

I honestly don’t know how anyone can take a longish break off riding , I need it for my sanity.

Seems like this time of year is the go to visit Canada going off your pics:thumbup

·
7,743 Posts
Wait til mid-late september (cooler / fall colors), come out, rent a bike and I'll take you up north into the hills for big rides you will definitely remember. That and as I've said in the past, Montreal itself is a world-class destination on pretty much every level. Except for all us fucking frenchies.

·
Administrator
13,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Wait til mid-late september (cooler / fall colors), come out, rent a bike and I'll take you up north into the hills for big rides you will definitely remember. That and as I've said in the past, Montreal itself is a world-class destination on pretty much every level. Except for all us fucking frenchies.
Definitely on the list mate ...

·
7,743 Posts
That Aprilia is sexy !!!
The kid selling the bike refuses to bring it to my mechanic for inspection.

Says.. and I quote "I don't want to waste my time"

He also went-on about how it's too fast for him, and a few other things that he just poured on too thick. He's a punk.

·
Administrator
13,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #93

He also went-on about how it's too fast for him, and a few other things that he just poured on too thick. He's a punk.
His loss then ... typical little shit :facepalm

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm betting he is afraid of your mechanic finding all the stuff that is wrong with it that he did to it. Or better yet, (if you haven't checked it out in person yet) it looks nothing like what's in the pics and has been wrecked given the "its too fast for him" comment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice bike @fcarpio .... this is for rides also , where did you take your bike for that pic ??
Oh, sorry. This time I went straight to Tradewinds, a park near me for the photoshoot after the wash. Once I was happy with the pictures I took the FL Turnpike all the way to Delray Beach and came back to Coconut Creek via A1A (I highly recommend this road in South Florida).

It is really gorgeous out here: https://www.google.com/maps/@26.4709047,-80.0567912,3a,75y,179.34h,76.24t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFtedTyThu88zGKWH_gaoeg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Next time I will post my own pics instead of the map.

·
7,743 Posts
I'm betting he is afraid of your mechanic finding all the stuff that is wrong with it that he did to it. Or better yet, (if you haven't checked it out in person yet) it looks nothing like what's in the pics and has been wrecked given the "its too fast for him" comment.
LOL besides the little details I noticed at tire-kicking / test ride (slipping rattly clutch, front wheel bearing, misc noises in the front end), I expected it to need a bit of TLC but that's cool.

What's not cool is a stupid 20 yr old punk trying to BS me, believing that he's soooo convincing. :facepalm

I'll post pics of my weekend road trip. I've been trying to find one of these for some time now. There's one here that I've had my eye on for a while but it's 12 hours away. That's pushing the envelope for long distance purchase and hoping the bike is as described. Case in point - the little punk here in Mtl.

But today, another one popped-up in the same area so my odds just doubled of coming home with one.

The encouraging part is both of those ads detail actual SERVICE and maintenance have been done on the bikes so.... I'm trying to screw-up the courage to commit to a 2600km road trip this weekend.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Oh, sorry. This time I went straight to Tradewinds, a park near me for the photoshoot after the wash. Once I was happy with the pictures I took the FL Turnpike all the way to Delray Beach and came back to Coconut Creek via A1A (I highly recommend this road in South Florida).

It is really gorgeous out here: https://www.google.com/maps/@26.4709047,-80.0567912,3a,75y,179.34h,76.24t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFtedTyThu88zGKWH_gaoeg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Next time I will post my own pics instead of the map.
Another Florida rider!!!! Awesome! (Orlando here)

81 - 100 of 138 Posts
About this Discussion
137 Replies
22 Participants
8you4t
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing