Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 136 Posts

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,742 Posts
I'd rock a Ute :thumbup

Where's the K6 - you been riding or gonna keep it museum status?

It's still sitting beside my desk and has yet to see a single km. I thought I was going to ride it this year but I instead got distracted with 'ye olde turbo.

A ride up PCH in Los Angeles the other day, and after a track day a month ago.

She sure is purdy :drool The PCH is on my bucket list.... and while I'm there see if I can make it through Mulholland drive without crashing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
She sure is purdy :drool The PCH is on my bucket list.... and while I'm there see if I can make it through Mulholland drive without crashing.[/QUOTE]

I ride Mullholland and The Snake all the time. There is nothing to it really, people just tend to override their skill level and crash out.

·
7,742 Posts
Hey why not, you've got me digging through old pics. Of all the rides I've done, the Cabot Trail is definitely in the top 3. I rode out once by myself and it was so awesome, 2 weekends later, my buddy (new England tour) went out with me to do it again.

The Cabot Trail is a must-do for any rider. Beautiful scenery..

Beautiful, fun roads..... man, I'm an idiot. That's a $2300 lens just waiting to roll-off the back seat :suicide

Fishing villages and all kinds of other maritime stuff us inlanders aren't used to seeing.

This was my ride just before joining up here and buying my first K6 1K. Loved this thing - 100lbs of torque waaaaaay down low

·
Squid
3,564 Posts
Started out on a Yamaha scooter, grabbed a Honda Rebel after that to ride to school, and then as soon as school was finished I got my 93 750. I REALLY wish I never sold it, but I was young and didn't know any better. There's just something about that carbed engine, the bike had attitude. We went through some shit too, once the clutch cable broke and I had to drive through the entire city, down the highway and through another city with no clutch to get to the only shop that had the cable in stock. It was tricky, but I made it without stalling.

The 04 750 I got was stolen a couple months after delivery, so I upgraded to the 1000. The 1000 is 'the one'. I'm never letting it go if I can help it.

Bonus picture of a french girl from Quebec I once knew :lick

Attachments

·
16,989 Posts
OK I'll play

From a shutterbug's point of view, this is a miracle pic. Oct 2005, a late fall ride around new England, I pulled off my left glove, reached in my tank bag, powered-up my camera and with my left hand, 'aimed' and clicked.

• The pic is horizontally OK
  • My friends are more or less centered / framed
  • ...and in focus
  • Both are waving
  • Background happens to be a farmhouse at that precise moment
  • And the background is nicely motion-blurrred.

What kinda watch is that in the tank bag?

·
7,742 Posts
Just a Seiko - I'm not a fancy watch type.

Of all the things in that pic, I'm surprised I haven't been roasted for the goggles. One of the states (I think it was New Hampshire) has no helmet law so I bought those ridiculous things and rode an hour sans brain-bucket, just to say I did. Then I found myself in a big fast sweeper.... and pulled over and put my helmet back on.

I can't believe anyone would ever ride without a helmet :suicide

·
----------------
1,761 Posts
Just a Seiko - I'm not a fancy watch type.

Of all the things in that pic, I'm surprised I haven't been roasted for the goggles. One of the states (I think it was New Hampshire) has no helmet law so I bought those ridiculous things and rode an hour sans brain-bucket, just to say I did. Then I found myself in a big fast sweeper.... and pulled over and put my helmet back on.

I can't believe anyone would ever ride without a helmet :suicide
You look over dressed man... No helmet laws here in Pennsylvania - I ride in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops. No gloves either cause it messes with my throttle control :cool

·
7,742 Posts
Started out on a Yamaha scooter, grabbed a Honda Rebel after that to ride to school, and then as soon as school was finished I got my 93 750. I REALLY wish I never sold it, but I was young and didn't know any better. There's just something about that carbed engine, the bike had attitude. We went through some shit too, once the clutch cable broke and I had to drive through the entire city, down the highway and through another city with no clutch to get to the only shop that had the cable in stock. It was tricky, but I made it without stalling.

The 04 750 I got was stolen a couple months after delivery, so I upgraded to the 1000. The 1000 is 'the one'. I'm never letting it go if I can help it.

Bonus picture of a french girl from Quebec I once knew :lick

This thread is about ride reports..... but you get a pass for posting a pic of the cute French chick :cheers

·
Squid
3,564 Posts
Sick exhaust, those look like stock headers though. What kind of pipe is it?

I love the k3-k4, not as fresh as the newer bikes but the look is timeless. They just look so substantial.

·
Administrator
13,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Sick exhaust, those look like stock headers though. What kind of pipe is it?

I love the k3-k4, not as fresh as the newer bikes but the look is timeless. They just look so substantial.
Akrapovic GP :thumbup

·
7,742 Posts
You look over dressed man... No helmet laws here in Pennsylvania - I ride in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops. No gloves either cause it messes with my throttle control :cool
Do you ever ride sans helmet? I'm trying to think if it were optional here and I needed to run to the convenience store....

Naaaaah. I'm not fully ATGATT but I'd never ride without a brain bucket. By June, I'm commuting 52 kms a day on my mountain bike (2-3 days per week) and I can't count how often I'm gagging while riding through a cloud of fucking bugs. I can't imagine not riding a real bike without a quiet fullface :fact

·
----------------
1,761 Posts
Do you ever ride sans helmet? I'm trying to think if it were optional here and I needed to run to the convenience store....

Naaaaah. I'm not fully ATGATT but I'd never ride without a brain bucket. By June, I'm commuting 52 kms a day on my mountain bike (2-3 days per week) and I can't count how often I'm gagging while riding through a cloud of fucking bugs. I can't imagine not riding a real bike without a quiet fullface :fact
I always wear a full face helmet, actually just picked up a new Shoei RF1200 and really like it. Yeah the bugs would be terrible I can tell by what I clean off the face shield lol. Lots of people around here ride without them, especially the Harley guys. Its not worth the risk to me so I'm fully geared up regardless of temperature.

21 - 40 of 136 Posts
About this Discussion
135 Replies
22 Participants
closetotheedge
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing