Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I own a K4 R1 which is the perfect height for me, I recently bought a GSXR-600 K3 for the track as I did want to risk the R1 getting into a stack with no insurance offered on the race tracks here in OZ.

My question: Is there a way to make the rear a liitle higher on the gsxr 600 as I feel like i'm on a bike that's about 1foot too short for me (i'm 6foot). (other than rear shock adjustment)

Any clues ?

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
if you pull the seat and batt tray, youll see the top mount for the rear shock you can shim that with wasers.. i beleibe guys start with about 4 mm and go up from there. double check in the racer/track day forums

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hi All,

I own a K4 R1 which is the perfect height for me, I recently bought a GSXR-600 K3 for the track as I did want to risk the R1 getting into a stack with no insurance offered on the race tracks here in OZ.

My question: Is there a way to make the rear a liitle higher on the gsxr 600 as I feel like i'm on a bike that's about 1foot too short for me (i'm 6foot). (other than rear shock adjustment)

Any clues ?
You can use a shock ride height adjusters.
replaces the stock shock upper mount with a CNC machined 6061 T6 aluminum unit. The new unit is 5mm taller than stock at the base and has a longer threaded area to allow for spacers to be added.

check your PM

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Go to lowes and buy these gold 3/4 inch washers they are 99 cents each. Buy 2 that will give you 6.5mm of rear lift if you put it under the top shock mount. Youll need to lower the front a hair, youll want 5-7mm of fork silver showing at the top clamp, measure from under the top adjuster cap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts