Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a graphic example of how three (1/16" each) washers will fit under the shock tower on a 1999 gsxr 750.......

i will ride it very soon (hopefully today) and give a report on how it feels.......

id anyone wants a descriptive run-down on how todo this, lemme know....ill even include pix of how to suspend the bike 1' up for less than 20$USD

[ 09-17-2002, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Hammer 4:
Well............?????
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">patience, oh wise one..........

ima try-n-ride 2nite..........

gotta sit here n slave away.........tryn to pau the bills....

why are you home btw???

ps- i hooked John up with the headcage from my bike (which yours replaced)....im happy theyre both going to good use!!

esemes

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by eSeMeS750WX:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Hammer 4:
Well............?????

why are you home btw???

ps- i hooked John up with the headcage from my bike (which yours replaced)....im happy theyre both going to good use!!

esemes
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm home cause I ain't got no work..

You mean, you can't go for a spin during lunch.?

Cool..kinda neat how things work out re: the brethern, and gixxer parts huh..?

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by eSeMeS750WX:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Hammer 4:
Well............?????

why are you home btw???

esemes
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm home cause I ain't got no work..

You mean, you can't go for a spin during lunch.?

Cool..kinda neat how things work out re: the brethern, and gixxer parts huh..?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">im waiting for sears® to come to look at my a/c unit...i awoke this AM to 'wet' carpets......in two different rooms.....i go to pull the filter out, and its soaked too....WTF?????

i hope its something stupid easy!!!

ps- i like the circle of parts we have goin so far!!! hope you are back in it soon!!

esemes

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
750wx..sounds like your ac unit may have a clogged drain..a quick shot of air may fix the problem..that ice that builds up on the evaporator has to go somewhere when it melts..it suppose to go down a drain....just a thought.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by spongebob:
750wx..sounds like your ac unit may have a clogged drain..a quick shot of air may fix the problem..that ice that builds up on the evaporator has to go somewhere when it melts..it suppose to go down a drain....just a thought.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">sponge...

exactly, 147 dollars later found out.....

my pan was overflowing with the most disgusting flemmy water ive ever seen.... they shop-vacced the line, then flushed it clean.......now i gotta clean these rugs and get some new filters!!

thanks!!

esemes

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
though we dont have alot of air-con units here, because the air is humid and the aircon exchanger unit is so cold, you get evapouration dripping into the drip tray all the time.

some use a gravity drain away (which like the bloke above said, blocks) and some use a small pump activated by a ball-valve / microswitch arrangement to drain

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
woooohoooooo!!!

rode late last night with the added rear height, and WWWOOOOOOWWWW!!! i feel like im perched ontop of my bike now, and the turn-in feels so much easier and sooner....(i also dropped the front end down 3.5mm)....

maybe its pscyosomatic, but the bike just feels so right to me now!!!! (i aslo reloacted the rearsets 1" up and 3/4" back...)

rides like a whole new bike, and the mods (all mentioned above) cost a total of 22.00 USD!

its gonna be a shame to sell her.......

esemes

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
What did you use to move your pegs??? I am looking to do this too...

John

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I BOUGHT THESE TWO 'PLATES' THAT WERE fabricated by a member here...they had two sets of holes for adjustment....i put mine all the way back....but, needed to get a longer shift rod (about 1" LONGER, AT LEAST....

ANYWAY, HE SOLD EM TO ME FOR 20$ OR SO, PLUS SHIPPING...

YOU CAN SEE EM IN THIS PIC...I PAINTED THEM BLACK!!

ESEMES

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I BOUGHT THESE TWO 'PLATES' THAT WERE fabricated by a member here...they had two sets of holes for adjustment....i put mine all the way back....but, needed to get a longer shift rod (about 1" LONGER, AT LEAST....

ANYWAY, HE SOLD EM TO ME FOR 20$ OR SO, PLUS SHIPPING...

YOU CAN SEE EM IN THIS PIC...I PAINTED THEM BLACK!!

ESEMES

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Are they steel or alum??? Do you have the name of the guy you got them from???

John

·
Registered
81 Posts
how did you drop the front 3.5mm? I've been wanting that "ontop of the bike" feel as well. I feel like sitting way to deep in the bike. Im going to grab some of those washers asap and figure out how to pop em in there. But I have no clue how to drop the front

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Damaja:
how did you drop the front 3.5mm? I've been wanting that "ontop of the bike" feel as well. I feel like sitting way to deep in the bike. Im going to grab some of those washers asap and figure out how to pop em in there. But I have no clue how to drop the front
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">to lower the front, you simply (easier sed than done) extend the fork stancions thru the top triple tree brace---equal amounts--- as desired....be careful doing this....the tendancy of gravity is to drop the bike as far thru as they will go....m4eaning like 4" if you arent careful....i can give you tips to prevent this...if so desired..

did i mention how 'perched' i feel on my bike now???

LOLOLOL

esemes
'

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by eSeMeS750WX:
woooohoooooo!!!

rode late last night with the added rear height, and WWWOOOOOOWWWW!!! i feel like im perched ontop of my bike now, and the turn-in feels so much easier and sooner....(i also dropped the front end down 3.5mm)....

maybe its pscyosomatic, but the bike just feels so right to me now!!!! (i aslo reloacted the rearsets 1" up and 3/4" back...)

rides like a whole new bike, and the mods (all mentioned above) cost a total of 22.00 USD!

esemes
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
After all that..your gonna sell her..??
Ummm, have ya had her in some twistie stuff yet..? that's where the mods will really show up..

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by eSeMeS750WX:
woooohoooooo!!!

esemes
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
After all that..your gonna sell her..??
Ummm, have ya had her in some twistie stuff yet..? that's where the mods will really show up..
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">a ha!!! so someone actiually does read my banter!! just checking......although.....im entertaining the thought of a leftover (in the sense of the word) 1k.........

·
Registered
781 Posts
I felt 'perched' on top of my bike after I fitted the rearsets (Harris) and it made it so easy to sling it around the corners. Just when I was about to get used to it and felt that disgusting feeling of bike sagging in the middle like a cruiser, i upgraded the shock, so I am high 'up there' again. Don't sell your bike Ses, I feel tempted to do that all the time, it's a lovely bike though. I know I will always regret selling it, so I wouldn't sell it (I am telling myself). If they were still making TL1000S, I would have definitely bought it. Just can't resist that bike.

·
Registered
81 Posts
eSeMeS750WX If you don't mind taking the time.

Give me some advice/instructions on suspending the rear to throw those washers in? Im going to start with that then look into dropping the front.

And are those rearsets still working out? I think im going to get a set of that guy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts