Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smoking. Since I quit, the folks were generous and gave me some money.
Hehheh. Good deal. Not only do I save about $200 a month, ..... Noice.
Should do this every year.

Sooo, since I'm redoing my forks, I thought Mum & Dad could help me swing for a new toy. Ordered this front stand yesterday.

Anybody know what pin size is under that triple?

Should be in in about 2 days.
It'll match the one I have now for the rear.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I only use a pit-bull out back (I dropped the `86 1100 on my head off of a flimsy stand once) but I got one of those LP stands from Dwayne (cycle concepts) and it is nice. The LP one comes with 3 or 4 pins (included in purchase of stand) and one of `em fits the `91 750 as well as the `86 750 triples - although I can't tell ya right-off which one it is).

That front-stand is great - but I don't use mine except in conjunction with a rear-stand because it "grabs" the bike so high, it is a little wobbly when ya try to use it all by itself.

The LP front-stand itself is well-constructed and I'm very pleased with mine.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I didn't want to hear after the fact that I should'a got something different. I like my rear stand enough (although I'm wishing I could use the spool type) and it seems fairly stable, at least for any time I've needed it to be there so far, and so when it came time, I thought I'd just go same brand.

I'll keep that in mind to use the two stands together for front work. I think I read that somewhere, and it's a good reminder.

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
^^^^^^ What FC said. Always use the front in conjunction with a rear stand. Troy341

·
Registered
339 Posts
Any front stand is better than no front stand, but IMHO a Pit Bull front stand is *much* better quality than an LP front stand.

It would be pretty silly to use a front stand but no rear stand. All front stands come with warning stickers to never ever try that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts