Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I've been riding it to work this week, and it's been trouble free. Looks like it'll make a nice daily driver.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've been riding it for a couple of weeks, and everything works pretty much like it should. It's turning out to be a pretty good bike.

One thing I want to tweak though is the low end jetting (less than 1/4 throttle). It's still a little dirty off the bottom. My bike has K&N pods (2 carbs per pod) and an unmarked aftermarket exhaust system. I'm currently running the air screws at 3 1/2 turns out and stock pilot jets (I think, I'll have to double check). It idles fine, but I think I'm still lean when I crack the throttle. Any suggestions on pilot jet sizes that have worked well for others with my set up? Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Update and possibly solved. I switched pilot jets from 32.5 (stock?) to 37.5. With this change, I was able to turn the air screws back in from 3-1/4 turns out to 1-1/2 turns out. I'll continue to fine tune, and I think I'll end up with the air screws at <1 turn out before it's over with. At any rate, it's a lot better, and stop-n-go riding is almost trouble free.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts