Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just got home from my parents house and checked out the paint job.
I will put the bike together tommorow night and post pictures when I get home (Stale, feel free to post the picts you have on this thread if you want)

1st off Stale and GDC came to an agreement on the paint job so I am not going into the particulars on pricing. He is now a sponsor of mine because I am so happy with how this came out.

Overall, I love the fricken paint job he did. Completely Flesh. I had basically told Stale the paint job was 100% up to him, all I wanted was it to say Gixxer.com really big on the uppers/lowers. Other than that totally up to him, I was originally going to just paint the bike flat black and this is so much better. Stale took it apon himself to paint in my yellow plates which was uber cool but he did not stop there! Gixxer.com adornes both sides of the lower, very big I might add. Along with that ,on the top of the tail on the bubble it says "Fleshy". On the tank which is fricken awsome I might add he put 2 black Suzuki decals on each side. On the top of the tank it says "Team Skinny" with a dog pissing on the Team part
The colors are basically White and Black with some red highlights in certain places. MUCH better than the Miami Vice look these plastics had going on.

I have really not done any body work in my life and I had gotten a wrecked tank when I decided to race. I did my best to bondo the huge ass gaping dent on one side but really had a hard time trying to match the sides up right, even after my second attempt at bondo'ing it. Stale god bless him took it apon himself without me knowing to fix my shitty job and the tank looks near flawless, thanks BTW

The paint itself is good. There are no thick spots or drips at all, very uniformed. Now don't take this next part the wrong way at all. I *think* he is just starting to dabble with the pin striping brush as the lettering is outlined with what seems to be a pinstrip brush. It is a little rough around the edges but I can totally tell as you went along it got better and better. Keep practicing bro, you are really getting the hang of it. I am not sure if you really had done anything like that in the past but you will get better. I really don't think it is bad workmanship at all, just need to hone your skillz

Stales customer service is top notch. He kept me up to date on the paint job as he had regular paying customers in front of me which I was totally cool with. The bodywork came back packaged way better than it was sent out. He outdid the UPS store's original packing 10 fold.

Overall I could not be happier with the job that he did. I know for a fact he is getting better and better. That last pict of the 600RR 100% sold me on his work and once I got my stuff back I am COMPLETELY satisfied. You have earned my return buisness and you have earned my approval Stalemate!

I promise to post pictures tommorow night when I get home.

Flesh

Oh PS, my mom fricken cracked up on the Fleshy on the tail

Pictures Finally!!!!

And just to show you what stale had to work with tank wise lol

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
Re: Review: Stalemate27 Custom Paint *Picts tommorow night*

The paint itself is good. There are no thick spots or drips at all, very uniformed. Now don't take this next part the wrong way at all. I *think* he is just starting to dabble with the pin striping brush as the lettering is outlined with what seems to be a pinstrip brush. It is a little rough around the edges but I can totally tell as you went along it got better and better. Keep practicing bro, you are really getting the hang of it. I am not sure if you really had done anything like that in the past but you will get better. I really don't think it is bad workmanship at all, just need to hone your skillz
there you have it folks Stale's work is garbage

·
Registered
9,334 Posts

THIS POST IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts

ohh ya post the damn pics already

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Me

I know, DAMMIT RALPH OR STALE POST THE PICTS

·
Registered
2,428 Posts

Stalemates work

Until we see some pics!!!!

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts

WTF is up with these half a$$ teaser pics, either post the dam pics or STFU

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts

I think it's time to ban these fuckers until pigs fly......

Flesh

Stalemate

njracer

·
Registered
1,447 Posts

i have to agree with fleshy and the other people here that have had stalemate paint there bodywork! he really does do a great job and goes out of his way to make people happy with what they get!!

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts

blah blah blah .,

shit on a stick is all you got...

mmmmm..... Shitsicles

·
Registered
4,040 Posts

the pinstriping is the way it is for a reason , yes it did take me a little bit to make it abstact and still make it look good ..... but im a much better pinstriper then that LOL but i couldnt have perfect pinstripes on fleshy's ride it just didnt fit him
fleshy is well how does one say ..... alittle off
so the bike had to match

PB knows the story behind the tank but it didnt go as planned . got your tank and said WTF i cant paint this thing and found a cheap one on ebay . so i bought the tank off ebay and got screwed
the over flow tube was busted off inside the tank so i ended up fixxing yours anyway

well you guys have waited long enough so here r some pix

fleshy can post better pix when he gets it mounted

·
Registered
4,040 Posts

and yes the pissing dog is permenent
its under the clear

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts

um all the dramma for that ., geezzz...

and who th hell tapes off a gas cap ., and not just remove it .,

unless the jackass sending it too you did not leave a key..

stupid people..

not bad guys

·
Registered
4,040 Posts

um all the dramma for that ., geezzz...

and who th hell tapes off a gas cap ., and not just remove it .,

unless the jackass sending it too you did not leave a key..

stupid people..

not bad guys
yould bitch if you got hung with a new rope

dave

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Ha! Well I am glad you did not take that wrong Stale, I almost pulled the post to ask you first.
I always hate reviews that say nothing but I LOVE IT, IT IS THE BEST ect. I like to have at least a little constructive critisism in there

I really really really do love the paint job, I could not ask for better service or product.

I didn't know about you buying another tank
did my extra cash at least cover that????? The tank looks basically new, you did a stellar job on it.

Anywhoo I brought my digi cam so as long as I can get it to work there will be mounted pictures tonight

Thanks again Stale, YOU ROCK!

By the way I left the gas cap and the fuel pump on the tank because of shipping. The tank fricken reeked of race fuel even after draining it and letting it air out for 4 straight days.
Dave

Flesh

·
Registered
9,334 Posts

ANOTHER POST THAT IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT REAL PICS ON BIKE,

not crappy blurry 1981 style pics

flesh

stale

fever

R6