Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Click the BUILD A GSX-R racebike link in my signature. You'll have to wade through a few photos, but there's a good description of how it's done in there. You'll need to move the shift lever to its upper rear position to provide clearence for the shift linkage itself.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right now i am flyng a piper seminole. nothing big. just a twin engine 5 passenger type aircraft. hopefully i should be winding something up by the end of the summer. did the reverse shifting. soooo much better now

·
Registered
159 Posts
When you say move the shift lever to it's upper right position...you mean the lever is adjustable too?

I had a look though your pics and I've only seen the top of the shifting mechanism.

We own a bike shop and I had a quick go at moving the spline on a 600 when we first got them in. The rod was way too close to the bolt near the bottom though, I thought of having a longer rod machined up, to make the linkage a bit straighter, but if you can move the lever position to the rear of the bike then you wont have to.

If you could post a pic of the linkage that would help.

My Bike arrives in three days so I be playing around myself soon!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
There's no need to machine anything. It was a pain getting that bolt to go into the spline clevis but other than that, no problems. You must move the selector to the up and back position for there to be enough clearence up at the shift clevis.

200 miles at the track last weekend and I had zero problems with shifting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts