Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm usually too busy watching the road to see my tach...But I'm constantly hitting the rev limiter before I shift...Is this a terrible thing to be doing to my engine or is it OK.?

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I've no problem with my limiter when I'm going through the gears. My problem is when I'm in 6th, I'd rather be looking down the road, not at my tach to keep it between 10,500-10,900. When it hits the reves die out to around 9,000. Is it an engine kill safety? or is it just the nature of the rev limiter? It's geared with a 15/43 and 17" wheels.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
So through the first five gears you don't hit the rev limiter or it acts differntly in those gears? Just as a guess I would say it is the rev limiter. Since the limiter kills two cylinders I would say 9000 would be about right.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I'm not hitting the limiter in 1-5 'cause I'm short shifting. It does react the same in 1-5 if I take it to 11,000 but only if I space out and forget I have more gears.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I would still go with the rev limiter. Does the engine sound like it has a miss? When you hit the rev limiter it will start popping like it has a miss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts