·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Hit the redline and see what happens.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is my 1st bike, i did read the manual, it didn't say anything about a rev limiter.
i didn't want to take it to redline and blow the engine
everyone is a beginer at 1 time

·
Registered
126 Posts
I hope you plan on breaking that puppy in first before you try to find the rev limiter.

Remember, no WOT till after 1000 miles.

and it is at 15500, or at least right around there.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
again... i'll restate what Rev. meant.

Your first bike and you didn't read the sticky before buying the bike?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
this is my 1st bike, i did read the manual, it didn't say anything about a rev limiter.
MG6 hit the nail on the head.

That's my point, you are a beginner (so much so that you don't realize almost all bikes now have rev limiters. I can't think of any off the top of my head that don't) and you are riding an R bike.

Be careful, wear you gear, and don't get anywhere NEAR that rev limiter for a while
you'll thank us later. That bitch has a mean streak up top (hitting 11krpm when you are a new rider is defined under suicide).

So this should be an irrelevant question. But don't take my word for it, take her up to 8,000 and see if you want to push her any further.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MG6 hit the nail on the head.

That's my point, you are a beginner (so much so that you don't realize almost all bikes now have rev limiters. I can't think of any off the top of my head that don't) and you are riding an R bike.

Be careful, wear you gear, and don't get anywhere NEAR that rev limiter for a while
you'll thank us later. That bitch has a mean streak up top (hitting 11krpm when you are a new rider is defined under suicide).

So this should be an irrelevant question. But don't take my word for it, take her up to 8,000 and see if you want to push her any further.
i already taken it to 13k, it has just been broken in right now it has 1100 miles, for the 1st 500 miles i kept her below 7k, for the next 500 miles i kept her below 10k, and you are correct once you get past 7K-8K she really pulls. i feel that i am learming very fast and feel confident on her, never too confident and always casious. i ride with a couple of friends on liter bikes, i have learned a lot from them, i have riden 130+ on the highway, i have a good head on my shoulders and would like to keep it there, i have read about racing tactics entering and exiting a corners, riding positions (not that i am a pro) but have the basics of safely riding fast.

I am not saying that i am the best rider out there or that i am a profesional
just saying that i ride to my limit and learning from it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wondering if anyone know if the 600K5 has a rev limiter?
This is your first bike isnt it... You didn't read up on bikes too much did you...
i have read up on it, i know that it won bike of the year on 04, while in 05 nothing was changed and still in the top 5, by most magazines. it's the lightest in it's class, best handling it it's class, it roughly has 98-102HP to the rear tire. while the compition has completely redesigned thier bikes, gixxer still come out on top with no change other than colors
0-60 in 3.1
1/4 mile 10.65 @ 130
in all the magazines, bike manual, internet searches
i did not see anything that tells me that the gixxer 600k5 had a rev limiter
if you can find it show and i'll bow down 2 u
if not STFU and just be helpful to the noobs like me that just want to learn from people that have more experiance like your self
i don't mean to flame, but i see a lot of post here picking on the noobies, remeber all of us were noobies at some point

FLAME SUIT ON!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Your a noob doing 130+, your a dumb noob. I hope you have full riding gear...

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
This is your first bike isnt it... You didn't read up on bikes too much did you...
if not STFU and just be helpful to the noobs like me that just want to learn from people that have more experiance like your self
i don't mean to flame, but i see a lot of post here picking on the noobies, remeber all of us were noobies at some point

FLAME SUIT ON!
Well, I am trying to be nice, I apologize if im coming accross the wrong way, that isn't my intent.

Alright.. Did you see anywhere that it states "The GSXR600 comes with turnsignals" How about a radiator? The GSXR comes with headlights... The GSXR comes with fairings.. what about pistons?

No. They are standard equipment, question answered, rev limiter is just understood to be standard equipment. Do you realize how easy it would be to blow motors and be at the dealership every other week? They are there for many reasons, and a big one is saving $.

And "I have done 130+ on highway, and have a good head on my shoulders".. That is a contradictory statement, especially for a new rider. Anytime you decide to go that fast on the street (many of us have done it, myself included) you take that good head on your shoulders, and toss it away, replacing it with adrenaline and action-seeking excitement. You are no longer in a cool-headed good-head-on-shoulders mood. You are pumped feeling thundering down the road at speeds that would spin grandma in circles.

Yes, it's fun, yes it's more fun at the track. Gotta admit you feel pumped doing it.. That's all the adrenaline and such pumping through you. It's dangerous, it's exciting... Theres a line between exciting, and dead. It's extremely thin in the sportbiking world.

I'm trying to explain to you, that we are all learning things, and an R bike is a dangerous bike to reckon with. I have been riding coming up on 4 years, and yes I have owned an R bike (98 gsxr750). What do I own now? A katana. Why? Don't need an R Bike. What is my next purchase going to be? Most definately an SV-650. Why? I personally don't need an R bike on the street, and it's a killer track bike. (btw: my katana has out-accelerated vipers/vettes/etc, outturned every car i've come up against. This is the bike which is called "can-of-tuna" and is the school bus of sportbikes, just to give you an idea).. Now on the SV.. I could REALLY have some fun.

So for someone who is claiming to have broken the speed limit more than two fold (we've all done it, don't believe anyone who says they haven't EVER sped on a sportbike, even a little), good head on your shoulders (you and everyone else here, believe me), etc etc.. We've heard it all, and we've seen people die, sometimes the same people who claim those things.

We really are just looking out for eachother. If I posted on here tomorrow that I was going to get a hayabusa, people would be like
why.

There is a great saying that kind of explains what im trying to say: I'd rather be going fast on a slow bike, than going slow on a fast bike. If that makes sense to you, you are on the right track. If you DO it, than you are on your way to being a KILLER sportbike rider.

Anyone, no bad intentions toward you, i'm trying to help, but i went about it the wrong way. My apologies.
If you ever have any questions, seriously, just shoot a pm, or post here.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i truely respect your advice, and all the warnings. i do have full face helmet shoe RF1000, and leather jacket with full kevlar armour, and M/C boots.
i know that this biatch is a hand full, and i trully respect that right grip
i ride to my limit and i keep learning from it. i would like to get to a point were i will be ridding fast on a slow bike (bike being gix600, not that it's slow, but my skill level is to that point)
i plan on keeping this bike for a while, i am not intereted being a poser on a 1K, i want to be the one smoking them in the future on a 600

AGAIN thanks for the advice, i truly appreciate it, and would like to learn more from you more exprienced guys

·
Registered
4,880 Posts

FLAME SUIT ON!
Well, I am trying to be nice, I apologize if im coming accross the wrong way, that isn't my intent.

Alright.. Did you see anywhere that it states "The GSXR600 comes with turnsignals" How about a radiator? The GSXR comes with headlights... The GSXR comes with fairings.. what about pistons?

No. They are standard equipment, question answered, rev limiter is just understood to be standard equipment. Do you realize how easy it would be to blow motors and be at the dealership every other week? They are there for many reasons, and a big one is saving $.

And "I have done 130+ on highway, and have a good head on my shoulders".. That is a contradictory statement, especially for a new rider. Anytime you decide to go that fast on the street (many of us have done it, myself included) you take that good head on your shoulders, and toss it away, replacing it with adrenaline and action-seeking excitement. You are no longer in a cool-headed good-head-on-shoulders mood. You are pumped feeling thundering down the road at speeds that would spin grandma in circles.

Yes, it's fun, yes it's more fun at the track. Gotta admit you feel pumped doing it.. That's all the adrenaline and such pumping through you. It's dangerous, it's exciting... Theres a line between exciting, and dead. It's extremely thin in the sportbiking world.

I'm trying to explain to you, that we are all learning things, and an R bike is a dangerous bike to reckon with. I have been riding coming up on 4 years, and yes I have owned an R bike (98 gsxr750). What do I own now? A katana. Why? Don't need an R Bike. What is my next purchase going to be? Most definately an SV-650. Why? I personally don't need an R bike on the street, and it's a killer track bike. (btw: my katana has out-accelerated vipers/vettes/etc, outturned every car i've come up against. This is the bike which is called "can-of-tuna" and is the school bus of sportbikes, just to give you an idea).. Now on the SV.. I could REALLY have some fun.

So for someone who is claiming to have broken the speed limit more than two fold (we've all done it, don't believe anyone who says they haven't EVER sped on a sportbike, even a little), good head on your shoulders (you and everyone else here, believe me), etc etc.. We've heard it all, and we've seen people die, sometimes the same people who claim those things.

We really are just looking out for eachother. If I posted on here tomorrow that I was going to get a hayabusa, people would be like
why.

There is a great saying that kind of explains what im trying to say: I'd rather be going fast on a slow bike, than going slow on a fast bike. If that makes sense to you, you are on the right track. If you DO it, than you are on your way to being a KILLER sportbike rider.

Anyone, no bad intentions toward you, i'm trying to help, but i went about it the wrong way. My apologies.
If you ever have any questions, seriously, just shoot a pm, or post here.
+1 ma brotha

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Great stuff here!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
i truely respect your advice, and all the warnings. i do have full face helmet shoe RF1000, and leather jacket with full kevlar armour, and M/C boots.
i know that this biatch is a hand full, and i trully respect that right grip
i ride to my limit and i keep learning from it. i would like to get to a point were i will be ridding fast on a slow bike (bike being gix600, not that it's slow, but my skill level is to that point)
i plan on keeping this bike for a while, i am not intereted being a poser on a 1K, i want to be the one smoking them in the future on a 600

AGAIN thanks for the advice, i truly appreciate it, and would like to learn more from you more exprienced guys
that's the shit I love to hear. I know there is a lot of bullshit, and its a lot of practice (albeit a lot of fun).

But picture the day you come out of the twisties after an easy ride with your buddies on their 1k's and such; and... Where are they? Oh.. Here they come.. Hey what took you so long

The look on their faces are pricelss
He just did that on a 600. Dayyuuuuummmm.

Gear is awesome too. It's like american express, I never leave home without it. All good stuff in that post, like riding within limits. You are one of the few newer riders that ACTUALLY gets it. Most people will bullshit around on their 600, crash it, and go buy a 1000... Sounds rediculous, but it happens.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts