Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS, JUST AFTER A LITTLE HELP. I HAVE A K4 GSXR1000
WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE TIMING RETARDATION IN THE LOWER 3 GEARS ON THE 1000? I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THE SYSTEM GETS OVERRIDDEN AT FULL THROTTLE & IT GETS FULL TIMING ADVANCE AT FULL THROTTLE IN THE LOWER GEARS. IS THIS TRUE? NOBODY SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO ANSWER THIS FOR ME.
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
do a search for tre and you'll find numerous threads about it.
you can also check out Bugmans website and find info about it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You will notice a difference from just spending a few dollars on this mod.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the links. Very helpful.
On all the links i looked at, they still dont answer my original question.
I still want to know if it gets full timing in the lower gears at full throttle?
My friend showed me a link for the same mod to TLR's & TLS's & it is common knowledge on those that above 50% throttle in the lower gears that the timing is no longer retarded by the computer & they get full advance.
I can only assume that this is the case with the GSXR also.
If so, i dont know if a TRE kit will benefit me.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Not saying it's wrong... But that makes no sense to me at all... The whole reason for retarding the ignition is to kill some of the torque in the first three gears, basically to help keep squids from killing themselves quite so easily. If it "didn't effect" 50% and above, it's really not serving any purpose at all is it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey any links on the installation of the TRE kits would be helpful. Got one coming, and I have NO idea where the hell it's supposed to go!!

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Hey any links on the installation of the TRE kits would be helpful. Got one coming, and I have NO idea where the hell it's supposed to go!!
Generally they plug into the GPS.. If you lift the tank (remove the seat first), you'll see a white plug with three wires... (forget the colors now... One is green)... Just unplug that, and plug the TRE in the middle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found some good links. Thanks guys.
Still none of the links answer my original question which is.... Does it get full timing at full throttle????????
Seems everywhere i look they talk about what the TRE does but not what the bike was doing in the 1st place before the TRE was installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts