1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so here is my baseline run:

and here is the run after powerhouse did the mapping:

and here is the overlay:

as you can see, frank @ powerhouse did an excellent job, and i got the numbers that i was hoping for. jeffw, you were almost spot on with your guess! the feel of the bike is excellent, and it seems smoother over the entire rpm range. it has much better throttle response, and a lot of the on/off jerkiness of the factory settings are gone. he also activated the "accelerator pump" feature of my pc3usb, but i am not sure what that does, so if someone could explain it to me that would be great. i will post up some more riding impressions after this weekend. woo hoo!

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$250 for the custom map.

·
loves oldgixxer and Anthony D
12,611 Posts
good shit anthony...thanks for the contact info...Im gonna hit him up when I get back home

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don't mind me asking, what were your mods to the bike?
why would i mind? here are the mods:

full hindle race exhaust
pc3usb
denso iridium spark plugs
2004 gsx-r750 velocity stacks
520 chain conversion

i can't say enough good things about frank, powerhouse, and thier work. if anyone in the ny area needs dyno work done, be sure to call him. 631.491.6767, and make sure you tell hm anthony from gixxer.com sent you.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
nice bro!!!
im not too far from NYC, i just might have to make the trip to LI when i get my PCIII....
so hows the "seat of the pants" feel?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I remember seeing the original post but I don't remember the year of the bike, what bike is this dino run from?

03, 04 or 05?

·
Registered
361 Posts
'03..Nice #'s Anthony!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I will be doing close to the same mods on my 04, and will be having it custom mapped as well, 160 or close is where I will like to be with the mods.

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am very happy with the final peak numbers, and even happier with the power curve. my "ass dyno" tells me that it is like riding a new bike. the throttle is so much more smooth, as well as responsive, and there are no more glitches in the fuel map. i may have to go and get the timing addition for my pc3usb, and bring it back to frank so he can do the timing map now.

·
Registered
493 Posts
nice power but that torque curve looks shit

peaks and troughs all over - is your chain knackered or were you getting wheel spin.......!!

not a smooth progressive curve compared to your baseline

your thoughts....................

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
i am very happy with the final peak numbers, and even happier with the power curve. my "ass dyno" tells me that it is like riding a new bike. the throttle is so much more smooth, as well as responsive, and there are no more glitches in the fuel map. i may have to go and get the timing addition for my pc3usb, and bring it back to frank so he can do the timing map now.
good stuff bro!
thanks

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
nice power but that torque curve looks shit

peaks and troughs all over - is your chain knackered or were you getting wheel spin.......!!

not a smooth progressive curve compared to your baseline

your thoughts....................
I agree. The power curve isn't as smooth as it should be. There are a lot of valleys and peaks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
to me it looks like the 'smoothing setting' is greater on the first run. then they have adjusted the level of smoothing down for the final run to give the effect that is made more power!

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
he told me that he was getting wheelspin on the dyno, but i am not sure how much. i am very happy with the way the bike performs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts