Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,058 Posts
Then you either:

a) Didn't properly install it. Specifically the installation and adjustment of the STPS
b) Have a problem in the SDTV system other than the STVA.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,536 Posts
+1 The code will go away if the problem is fixed and power to the ECM is turned off & restored, something that you doubtless did while working on the bike. Try looking at the description of the code in the service manual for the specific conditions that trigger it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then you either:

a) Didn't properly install it. Specifically the installation and adjustment of the STPS
What's the sdtv and stps I'm no mechanic sorry

·
14,058 Posts
And that's why you're having problems.....

Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve
Secondary Throttle Position Sensor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then you either:

Check the stps when that's not right I get c29

·
14,058 Posts
An incorrect installation of the STPS will not always trigger a C29, but will always trigger C28.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An incorrect installation of the STPS will not always trigger a C29, but will always trigger C28.
The lines match up if I move it I get c29 move it back to match lines up get c28
Put on stva connected the stps so blue lines match connected battery turned key c28 moved stps got c29 moved lines back got c28

·
14,058 Posts
What position were the secondary throttle blades when you installed the sensor?

·
14,058 Posts
Page 5-19 of the service manual - STPS is installed with the secondary throttle valves fully open.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Page 5-19 of the service manual - STPS is installed with the secondary throttle valves fully open.
Even with the new one fitted there shut so I've rang garage and there taking it in Saturday thank you for your help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts