Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
If I post a picture of my XR6 homemade aerodynamics package it's gonna cause a shitstorm. :lmao People were doing double takes at Daytona and trying to figure out WTF I had brought.

Attachments

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,742 Posts
If I post a picture of my XR6 homemade aerodynamics package it's gonna cause a shitstorm. :lmao People were doing double takes at Daytona and trying to figure out WTF I had brought.
Yeah, I had to also google what an xr6 is and besides an Australian Ford Falcon, this Peugeot is the only other match I can find.

Dude that must kick ASS at Daytona

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I don't have any pics of it on my phone, since it's been replaced since 2017.. I'll try to link to my YouTube video that shows it pretty well. I know the video sucks, it's the best I could do with what scraps I had to work with..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I obviously have no fiberglass experience. I essentially built it all the wrong way, like piece curing in midair, and the intake curve is from using a scotch cylinder as a form.

Tail section raised to match rider's body. Radiator intake closed slightly. Side vents reversed. Fairing extended.

Really if it ended up looking like a Moto2 bike, that would have been ideal

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That video was hilarious and awesome!!! Congratulations. Yeah- the bodywork looks a little Frankenstein but I guess it worked.
Thanks. I should have included a scene from practice when Valentin DeBise came past me at full lean with his M4 suzuki sawing the back tire back and forth across the asphalt. When I realized he wasn't a fellow idiot amateur about to crash in front of me, he was already rocketing away.

·
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug
262 Posts
This is awesome haha you poke fun at your fiber work however its much better than anything I could ever do! Doesn't look too bad in my book brother and if it works it works.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
This is awesome haha you poke fun at your fiber work however its much better than anything I could ever do! Doesn't look too bad in my book brother and if it works it works.
Thanks, I knew it was going to take balls to roll up to tech on that thing. I will probably have to sell the bike minus bodywork someday, because it would take 10x big balls for someone else to face the music for crimes they didn't commit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Very cool videos ... I also appreciate the NIN playing in the background ;)
I looked up Gippsland- so Phillip Island is your home track! Not bad! I hit it in 2015 on PIRD's BMW fleet.. trying to be fast down Lukey Heights on a rented bike with unfamiliar tires was a little stressful. The section from final corner to second corner makes you feel like a GP legend..

BTW thanks Australia for keeping the El Camino / Ranchero concept alive! haha

·
Administrator
13,253 Posts
I looked up Gippsland- so Phillip Island is your home track! Not bad! I hit it in 2015 on PIRD's BMW fleet.. trying to be fast down Lukey Heights on a rented bike with unfamiliar tires was a little stressful. The section from final corner to second corner makes you feel like a GP legend..

BTW thanks Australia for keeping the El Camino / Ranchero concept alive! haha
Hahaha yep all ours !!!

Yes have done many a track day at the island and broadford , a very hilly/tight track that claimed me a few years back (destroyed my lower back)

It’s a rare opportunity to have two very good tracks within hours of home ... unfortunately due to work commitments getting the time is rare atm.

If you ever find yourself over this way again let me know ...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
11 Participants
Gearhead600
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing