Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, on my 97 gsxr 600 (racebike) the clutch is bacikly non existant, when getting a new clutch do i need to replace the springs also or just the clutch plates?

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
prob just the plates..... depends on how stiff you like the lever, check out the condition of the springs...

just a piece of my humble opinion, use OEM plates.... I had Barnett c/f plates and I ran synth oil and I burnt a clutch pretty fast. and I don't drag race... go OEM plates all the way

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
I would go OEM plates and if the clutch has been slipping then I would look into new springs... dont be like me and try to save a few bucks. It isnt worth a clutch... If the springs got hot they will get soft... just get new ones they are only like 20 bucks...

John

·
Registered
547 Posts
What john said.My 750 has a diaprhram instead of springs,I run 3 instead of 2.Dunno if the 600 is the same but if you've killed it you might want to look into stronger springs.Oh yeh,and stick with oem plates,I went through a few different types and nothing was better than oem.

·
Registered
119 Posts
anyone with me on that Suzuki should instal a hydrolic clutch ???? Man the cable sucks in traffic !!

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
liquid72 said:
anyone with me on that Suzuki should instal a hydrolic clutch ???? Man the cable sucks in traffic !!
sounds like you need a new cable..i just changed mine, and its like a kiss all over now..

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
The zuk cable is great..
Hydro clutchs, you loose feel on it.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts