Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still going strong! The dynamo gave up, oil got to hot, carter explosion pused crankshaft oilseal out. But the pushrodseal still in place !

·
Registered
14 Posts
looking to replace the seal on my 02 600. has anyone been able to pull the seal out and beat one back in or should i do the oring method. just looking to ride

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have the new seal since it's only $3. has anyone tried putting the new seal over the old one and covering the shit in rtv or gasket maker?

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
:facepalm

·
Registered
14 Posts
so this post is full of people hacking their shit and your going to say shit to me for trying to use a new seal instead of a o ring and a fucking washer. sorry i don't be have a thousand dollars to put it i not the shop. obviously people have hacked theirs to work im just looking for an answer smart ass.
if anyone has tried is it possible to put the new one in using a seal driver

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
You mad?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tagging onto this and without reading it all..what damage would be caused if i ignored the leak ?
depending on how bad the leak is it could get onto your rear tire and cause you to slide out. that's worst case. other situation is your engine just gets all grimy and you need to check oil daily

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
so this post is full of people hacking their shit and your going to say shit to me for trying to use a new seal instead of a o ring and a fucking washer. sorry i don't be have a thousand dollars to put it i not the shop. obviously people have hacked theirs to work im just looking for an answer smart ass.
if anyone has tried is it possible to put the new one in using a seal driver
If you don't want peoples advise, don't ask. None of those guys asked if doing a hack job was a good idea. They just reported that they did it. If you want to hack your shit up, by all means fill that fucker to the top with RTV. I couldn't give two fucks. This whole thread has multiple solutions to your problem. Why are you still even asking questions?

But to answer your dumbass question, it was already outlined in THIS THREAD.

I had this same problem with my 04 750 a couple years ago. The seal is supposed to be replaced from the inside of the motor since there is a lip on the outside keeping the seal in place. I was able to replace it without opening the motor. I pulled the seal out which did tear it up but it was trash anyways. Stuffed a rag into the hole to prevent debris from getting into the motor. Used an air grinder with a barrel grinder bit to remove the ledge holding the seal in. Cleaned up the area with a finer grit sandpaper. Cleaned all the shavings out before removing the rag. Installed the new seal to the same depth the old one was at. Ran a bead of hi temp rtv around the outside from the seal to the case. Put it all back together. Took me an hour. I never had a single drop leak from it and it didnt look like a hack job either.
And

My crazy friend filed down the bottom lips cause he couldn't get the seal back in cause he was to lazy to pull the motor... Filed the lower lip and used the red rtv silicone and it worked... He's not leaking or nothing... Idk how safe he is but it works for him... What do yall think???
And

i had same problem wit my GSX-r 1000 k5 ....worked perfect ! no leak ....Wooot ! thanks

Sooo.... What the fuck else do you need?

You wanna know if it's a good idea to do this? Maybe. Maybe not. But it looks like it's your only. Fucking option cuz you don't wanna drop the motor yourself or pay a shop to do it.

So what else do you want, someone to call you and walk you through it?!

Jesus fuck.

Edit: putting the new seal over top of the old and RTVing the shit out of it is hack as fuck, even compared to the listed solutions and a great way to push the old seal back into the crankcase leaving you with a real pickle and no other option than "paying a shop $1000.00" to do it for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Install the push rod with the washer, press the washer in to the Permatex and leave it overnight, after it is dry remove the rod and check the new seal and make sure it has stuck tight, grease the rod and put everything back together.

I know this is not the correct way to repair this problem but it works very well and cost about $1190 less than pulling the motor and replacing a $5 part.
Thanks For this bro!!! literally was about to shelf my bike until I found this. Literal life saver!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts