Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch cable snapped!! made it home though because i didnt have to stop luckily..

Now i have ordered a new one but what steps do i need to take to fit the new one, i have taken the right fairing off already..

Thanks

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
its not too bad, I just replaced mine. It was about 25 dollars and you need to remove your front sprocket cover (good time to clean off road grime) the cable hooks to a spring loaded adjuster, just unhook and rehook the new cable.

·
Registered
105 Posts
im about to do mine tomorrow.........so the cover just comes off, nothing is going to fall out right? lol all i do is unhook it at the lever and unhook it from inside the case then reattach correct?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
yes and you have to adjust it after your done. when you pull the cover and see what's behind it you won't want to put it back on till you clean under there.

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
tangy, pm me your e-mail address, and ill send you instructions on the adjustment...

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,130 Posts
Before you pull out the old cable, tie a length of string to it and pull it through. Use the string to pull the new cable back the same way

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
Before you pull out the old cable, tie a length of string to it and pull it through. Use the string to pull the new cable back the same way
i replaced the whole thing.... how can you just replace the cable?? without the casing?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i did it
took a little while but i got distracted with doing other things. road grime!!!! SOOO MUCH! i used a whole can of degreaser and there was still heaps..

·
Registered
105 Posts
they told me oil was going to pour out and i would have to refill the thing........is that correcT? I found a shop that will put the new one in for $30 and the shop i got it from told me $100...

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,130 Posts
i replaced the whole thing.... how can you just replace the cable?? without the casing?
Casing? The sleve (sp?) around the cable? I replaced the whole cable with sleve as an assembly, the string is just to re-route the cable through the frame

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
paid the dealership $30 and had mine installed and my chain tightened........pretty good deal to me
If you are not mechanicaly inclined, it is a good deal. FYI, oil will not pour out. The sprocket cover bolts to the motor, it doesn't create a seal anywhere.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts