Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Life is 2 short 4 traffic
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, laid my bike down recently, I am trying to find a place to replace pretty much the whole right side fairings but having a heck of a time finding my paint scheme. (Orange and Black) Anyone know where I can find them? Ive attached a picture(before wreck), if anyone knows anything or can get me started in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Life is 2 short 4 traffic
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
I wear a 4pc Collar Bone
2,278 Posts
Re: Replaement Fairings

I realize this is sorta-old, but still felt my response was worthy!

Stay away from auctmarts fairings they are shit!!!
While I would pick OEM or Used-OEM over Chinese fairings any day for a repair, I highly disagree with your statement. I have used Auctmart fairings and they are far from horrible. They are WELL worth the $600.

I had much larger headache piecing together all the screws, bolts, nut-clips, and fasteners required to put the fairings on than I did anything else. The bikebolts complete kit for my bike didn't even have 50% of the required hardware. As for the fairings, I didn't have to trim anything or drill out any holes, everything went together near-perfectly.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Re: Replaement Fairings

I realize this is sorta-old, but still felt my response was worthy!

While I would pick OEM or Used-OEM over Chinese fairings any day for a repair, I highly disagree with your statement. I have used Auctmart fairings and they are far from horrible. They are WELL worth the $600.

I had much larger headache piecing together all the screws, bolts, nut-clips, and fasteners required to put the fairings on than I did anything else. The bikebolts complete kit for my bike didn't even have 50% of the required hardware. As for the fairings, I didn't have to trim anything or drill out any holes, everything went together near-perfectly.
We all have opinions.

I was stating mine. Thanks for sharing yours.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Wow, this thread is 3 years ago and brought back to life. I guess this is a good thing as bike will be lay down from time to time no matter how good or great a rider. YOU WILL BE BOUND to LAY it DOWN.

As for where to get fairings. If you have the money and want original. OEM is the best way to go. If you want to save a little, go with the Fiberglass fairing so you can still be able to paint it the way you want and bring it to the tracks.

But before you do start searching where to locate them, why not try to use the site sponsors first? They are here to help you and might be a better deal if you mention you are a member of GDC.

I purchased OEM fairings before and it was worth the amount because it is a no brainer in fitment and down to the color/stick style.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
19 Participants
PhillyGixxer
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing