Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 gixxer 750...I need to replace my bar ends because they are all scuffed up and look like crap. I want some aftermarket ones preferibly carbon fiber look. I bought Lockharts # 135-122 and they didn't fit at all. Does anyone make a replacement bar end other then a new factory Suzuki set?

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
There are two types that I know of, the screw in ones and the expansion type. It could be that you ordered the wrong type. Pull your stocker out and compare how it fits to the Lockhart you received.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have LP carbon-look bar ends on my 92 750. You need to buy the style that has the rubber expander insert. The Katunas have the straight screw in bar ends but the Gixxers have the rubber expanding insert that tightens them in.

PS- you can save a few bucks by ordering your LP products through Competition Accessories

Take it easy!
Rob

[ 08-15-2001: Message edited by: RVD56 ]

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
keep in mind that if you go with lightweight aftermarket aluminum barends, you'll notice a bit more vibration at the bars.....the stock ones are heavy for a reason....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the lockhart expansion ones and they fit great...Thanx guys.....I did notice a bit more vibration Jeff, but it isn't that much more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts