Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my names alan i own a gsxr 1000 k 7 i have a failed dip beam but not the bulb .. inside the dipped beam is a deflector that has come adrift from the the head light .. What i want to know is how easy is it to remove the complete headlight that is the only way ..Also how much would a new or pattern headlight be your replies would be usefull alan or e mail me at [email protected] .com thank you alan cook

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,600 Posts
I've deleted your other 2 threads about the same subject...read the site rules.
This isn't Facebook...be patient and someone will chime in.

As far as I'm concerned, show some initiative and get a service manual if you want to fix things yourself. If you still need help after that, then there's lots of support available.
Pick up the phone and call your local dealer if you want pricing...or go to Ron Ayer's site etc.

How easy is it? Well that's subjective...I don't know what your skill set is, what you have for tools etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks yeh i need to get rell i know i just phoned a dealer on a price for head light £545 .00 thats rediculouse found a site MTW can get new pattern £89.00 so maybe that bits sorted just gotta get it all sttripped down ,,,, alan

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The deflector/reflector can be put back, fiddly job but can be done ( tools required lots of patience )).

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,564 Posts
On the K5/K6, and presumably yours, it's possible to remove the outer clear cover so that you have access to the interior. That was done here and here but some of the pics have disappeared. It's also mentioned in #16 of this. I also see it described here. Search for "oven" or "heat gun".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The deflector/reflector can be put back, fiddly job but can be done ( tools required lots of patience )).
Hi have you had similiar issue did you repair your sucessfully did you also had to remove part your fairing to how long did it take to alan

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
4,186 Posts
You can bake a headlight to disassemble it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hi have you had similiar issue did you repair your sucessfully did you also had to remove part your fairing to how long did it take to alan
Yes, similar issue and repaired, remove fairing & headlight. It takes a bit to get it back, it is all about getting it back to where it should be and fixing it back in ( I used wire, coat hanger ) took quite a few attempts and a lot of #£%~#

1 - 10 of 10 Posts