Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i have GSXR 1000 L2 . Now im Using Motul 7100 10w40. I am going to change Oil . I bought Suzuki race 10w40 motorcycle oil . Is it good Oil ? Can i use this oil after Motul ? To tell the tru i am not happy with Motul becouse i think its not motul real quality in my country so i bought suzuki oil from USA . But will it be problem to remove old motul and fill with new suzuki oil ? Need your advices about suzu oil here is picture of my new Oil

Attachments

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
Oil is oil is oil. Buy quality oil without friction modifiers and change it regularly. The End.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:) thanks my friends, so This Suzuki oil is good quality oil ? I mean there is not written its full syntetic or not that's why I was asking can I use this oil or not :) but as I understand I can use this oil without any problem just if anyone knows is this oil good quality or motul was better?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I usually trust Suzuki fluids, you should be all set, same stuff the dealer would use probably. I use Mobil 1 4T and have been happy. Like Just_Nick said, changing it regularly is the most important thing. Just empty your old oil, change the filter at the same time and let it all drain, then use your new oil.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Thanks for information . Whats your recomended Milage to change oil ?
Depends how hard you ride....advanced/expert track riding should be a lot sooner than street etc...if it's street you can go 3-5000 miles I'd say with full synthetic.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Depends how hard you ride....advanced/expert track riding should be a lot sooner than street etc...if it's street you can go 3-5000 miles I'd say with full synthetic.
While I'm not disagreeing with you, In a higher revving, wet clutch motor like ours, while I'm not going to look for the link even a good oil does apparently loose some of the properties and/or begin to break down after a 3,000 mile run. Probably still work well though up to 5k? I read that before, really I did :wink2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Use any oil you want as long as it is made for motorcycles.
Man it took me a long time to accept this. LOL In my younger days I stressed brand waaaayyyy to much.

Now I just run factory stuff at the local shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts