Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be possible to rent someone's clutch holder? Maybe I could pay you the full amount and get a refund of some after mailing it back?

New OEM Suzuki Holder Clutch S
OEM Part Number: 09920-53740 | Previous: 09920-50710

I saw there are two part numbers. 09920-53740 is in my Hanes manual, but the older 09920-50710 part number might be less if I have to buy it. Can either be used?

That tool looks really simple - just two pieces of metal that spread out I think.

Is there a certain generic tool I could get from Harbor Freight or the like to use instead?

It's for a 2007 GSXR 6OO. I have an engine knock - I think it's a rod bearing. I have the engine out and was getting ready to crack the case.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,982 Posts
Just buy one man. They ain't that expensive and make a nice addition to the tool box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would it be possible to rent someone's clutch holder? Maybe I could pay you the full amount and get a refund of some after mailing it back?

New OEM Suzuki Holder Clutch S
OEM Part Number: 09920-53740 | Previous: 09920-50710

I saw there are two part numbers. 09920-53740 is in my Hanes manual, but the older 09920-50710 part number might be less if I have to buy it. Can either be used?

That tool looks really simple - just two pieces of metal that spread out I think.

Is there a certain generic tool I could get from Harbor Freight or the like to use instead?

It's for a 2007 GSXR 6OO. I have an engine knock - I think it's a rod bearing. I have the engine out and was getting ready to crack the case.

Thanks!
Hey dude,

Did u ever get that tool? If so, can I rent it?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,666 Posts
RichW426 made his own from some steel stock and, crude though it was, it worked fine. There were some nice pics of it in post #10 here but Photoshop now blurs them so I don't know if you can tell what he did.

Another possibility is to download the K5/K6 1000 clutch mod instructions and read through them. They present methods for getting around using the tool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts