Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at my bike and noticed how much all the stickers stand out. chain gaurd, gas tank, side farings etc.. how the hell do you get these things off safely? They suck.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ok its easy, use a blow dryer and get them real warm then just get it started on one end. Warm again then remove the heat and count to 10, then pull the sticker slow.. All but 2 will peel right off. The emssions and one with the oil info/etc are much harder and will take about 10 mins each to keep peeling part by part. Once off use WD40 to remove the left over glue and you're all done..

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hot air gun brings them off, petrol gets rid of any residual glue

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you read my mind....

Please someone shead some light on this topic.. Bike is plasterd with them...
yeah, they're fuggin ugly

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok its easy, use a blow dryer and get them real warm then just get it started on one end. Warm again then remove the heat and count to 10, then pull the sticker slow.. All but 2 will peel right off. The emssions and one with the oil info/etc are much harder and will take about 10 mins each to keep peeling part by part. Once off use WD40 to remove the left over glue and you're all done..
thank you very much, these things are history

·
Registered
174 Posts
i just kept the blow dyrer on as i pulled them off but i did do this in 40 degrees weather so i needed to keep them warm

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
...im doing only one decal and halfway done , gave up lol i tried the dryer and other stuff as weel ...i must be doing something wrong.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I tried the hair dryer first but it pissed my old lady off when I ran it so much it died lol

Went to Eagledrivers shop and got his heat gun and used brake cleaner on a rag to kill the leftover residue. Just make sure if you use brake cleaner you DO NOT spray it on anything and let it sit. After I hit the tank/frame I immediately polished it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
"Goo Off" made by Quickie or something like that from Home Depot worked for me. It was still hard but it had a chemical reaction to the gummy residue and did not harm any of the painted surfaces. I actually used it to remove all my decals (I have already gotten sh** for it, but that's what I wanted to do) and I was able to remove every decal in about 3-4 2hr evening sessions.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Other then the 2 stickers the rest came off with a blow dryer in less then a min. each..

·
Registered
518 Posts
I used a hair drier and Go-Gone and I got them all off pretty easy. I left the valve adjustment sticker on but the others are off and it makes the bike look better.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Use a driver liscense to get most of it up and then lighter fliuid for the sticky stuff left behind.
I have been doing it for years!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts