Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
removing the tail section of the \'051k question?

Hey feel like a dumbass but can you remove the tail fairing in 3 separate pieces? Or just take the two sides off if you wanted to? I had everything popped out including those two little bolts back in the corners, but there seems to be something else hanging up the sides of the tail fairing, right where the rear turn signals are closer to the tail light. Am I missing something or just retarded?

I don't even need to remove it for anything just yet but wanted to get it all figured out.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Re: removing the tail section of the \'051k question?

I just replaced one side on mine , but i removed the complete tailsection ...A couple of screws would be very hard to get to otherwise !

·
Registered
474 Posts

There are two screws holding the side piece to the center section. One is easy to see by the trunk, the other is at the very back by the tail light and turn signal. The one at the back is difficult to get to.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

There are two screws holding the side piece to the center section. One is easy to see by the trunk, the other is at the very back by the tail light and turn signal. The one at the back is difficult to get to.
Shit, well how do I get to those?

·
Registered
919 Posts

lol - you can take off just the white parts (on a blue/white) - theres a couple screws and a push/pull tab (like the side fairings by your knees) - just disconnect the signals and the whole thing sorta falls out without too much trouble

1 - 7 of 7 Posts