Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
removing the tail of my \'97 gixxer 600

Sorry for the squid question. I am needing to remove the tail of my bike and don't know how. My bike is a '97 gsxr600. I bought the bike used and the previous owner installed a undertail kit. I need to remove the tail or prop it up a little so that I can get to the mounting holes so that I can reinstall the rear foot pegs. How do I do this? I don't want to take it all the way off so that I can avoid having to to mess with the wiring that is in the compartment. Do I need to remove the undertail kit? Or will the whole tail lift up a little as a complete unit. Thanks in advance to everyone who replies.

gixxerman

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: removing the tail of my \'97 gixxer 600

i will try to explain the best i can. you do not have to remove the undertail. but first thing is take off your seat and rear cowl or (seat). all the bolts you need to remove are visible. you should have 8 altogether. 2 on each side of tail section, 2 in the middle of tail sect. inbetween front and rear seat, 2 on the inside of trunk compartment, and 2 underneath tail section near tail lights. after you remove the bolts it is still not going to want to come off, on each side of tail section where the front seat goes. if you look on the inside inbetween subframe and tail section you will see the plastic studs that go into rubber gromets on the frame they should just pull out. after that you should be able to pull it far enough apart to clear the subframe.
sure hope the helps.

RIDE SAFE AND GOD BLESS!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts