Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Quick question, it's a little bit tricky but hope you can help me, ok the wires from the stator came off the connector, is there any way to figure out which wire goes where ( or they can be in any order) hope someone can help me. Here's a pic...
Thanks.
Don't see a picture so I don't know if this is at all helpful plus, I hate electrical stuff. I even failed "general electricity" in High School soooooo.

NOTE: this is from a 1998 SRAD thread so :dunno

For anyone doing this, the order of the 3 similar colored wires (I thought they were always yellow, but the diagram in the last post says black) do NOT matter.

A regulator / rectifier converts 3 phase AC power to single phase DC. IF this were an electric motor we were talking about, then you would have the potential for it to run backwards, but that is not the case.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i will be doing my stator early next week, it puked, had to push it home

stator and regulator as well as gasket cost me 100 dollars shipped, the stator looks like what other people have posted on the site, i will post pics and a review when done, Im moving the regulator to the side when i install it, my regulator is good, but i will swap them both while im there

PS, i did the testing on am not getting the needed 65 vac from the stator, but im showing no shorts to ground, so its an obvious fried unit

·
Registered
161 Posts
i got my parts from racetech electric, the stator looked great, the rectifier looked chinese manufactured

worked well, but i had my reservations, and 2k miles later the rectifier died

wires, plugs, harness and stator are all fine

so i ordered up a mosfet unti to swap into the bike, im going to bypass the std harness on the bike and make one up and go directly to the battery with it

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Generally we recommend staying away from cheap eBay stuff, as it is usually Chinese knockoffs that will cause more harm than good.
I contacted the ebay seller and they said

"We have sold hundreds of the NEW! SUZUKI GSXR750 GSX-R750 GSXR 750 STATOR VOLTAGE REGULATOR GASKET and we rarely have issues with them as they are made of good quality. Thank you for your interest. Have a great day.

- m.j.zee"

I was hoping someone already bought an ebay one before and wanted to know if they were any good.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you have any tricks for getting the airbox off of the fuel injectors? Unscrewing those four bolts was a major pain!

Be sure to screw your new stator in REALLY tight! Or use locktite. If it loosens, more damage will incur.
A long screwdriver and not over-tightening really helps with the clamps on the fuel injectors. I usually get two from the left and two from the right and hold a finger on one hand behind the clamp bolt while using the screwdriver in the other hand.

Again, over-tightening is not your friend.

With the stator, there should be proper torque values for attaching the new one, and blowing out the holes with carb cleaner should remove the oil so your lock-tight gets a good grip. But if you over-tighten into that magnesium cover, you may find you need a new cover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone had issues with leaking oil from the grommet on a replaced stator?
Put a new one in from http://www.regulatorrectifier.com, with some gasket goo around the inside-top of the grommet (plus a new OEM gasket and cleaned the contacting surfaces) but it started leaking about 2 weeks after getting the bike back on the road...:S

Really don't want to have to pull it apart again...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Did the exact same thing .Used a '13 used stator with the new RR that suzuki used in DL1000.
This RR is a serial one.Suzuki Part # 32800-31J00 Shindengen SH847AA.
No more burned stators! I moved the RR under the rear fender , near pasengers footpegs

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
About this Discussion
71 Replies
53 Participants
adrenalin79
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing