Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
anyone know if theres any upgrade parts available? wiring improvements, improved reg/rect, stator, etc?

just picked up an 07 750 and running through the common issues.. thx
I could keep the OEM stator but I would replace the Rectifier to an after market one, I switched to this http://roadstercycle.com/

Check them first to see which one went bad or if both went bad. don't be like me and order both pieces and I really only needed one.

·
Gay for Putin
565 Posts
Here's a trick to remove those three stubborn bolts that secure the coil inside the stator cover. Flip the cover over, temporarily install a longer bolt where illustrated, and you can wrench on the inner coil bolts without having to try and put it in your lap.

This is shown on a 1000...
I removed mine last night and broke the bolts loose with little to no effort with the cover laying on the workbench. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm sure it was like that from the factory because the bike only had 2K miles when I bought it. I took out the stator on my ZX6R and it was a nightmare getting those hex bolts loose without stripping them so I was dreading this job.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
you need to make a duplicate thread for this in the 08 600/750 section since its the same.

Great job :cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great writeup. I also had charging issues. Replaced the Reg/Rec and that was not it. I just pulled the stator. It looks like the same area is affected. Quality control issue? Anyone have a stator they would like to sell me?

GSXR 600 2007

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2nd reg/rec caught on fire yesterday. but I think its my 2nd stator going bad that is the culprit. I could hear "the whistle."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

Looks like my stator went south. Should I go with OEM or there are decent and more reliable aftermarket replacements?

Thx,
Andy

·
[email protected]
1,931 Posts
You ought to be able to get a replacement stator from here:

http://www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/
thats the same place i ordered mine from. Cheapest one i found, and Ive had no problems since. Just be careful when you put the covers back on. I overtorqued them and the stator cover cracked :banghead. Now it leaks oil so i jb-weld it at least until i buy a new cover.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys, I'm new to gixxers and the forum, got an '06 750 at a good price, because it wasn't charging. Guess what? Stator and rectifier both gone. Ordered the parts on eBay and put them in after work tonight. Bike starts and seems to charge, my cheap meter doesn't show much of a blip when I rev it, but it's the same on my other bike that works fine. Pretty crazy these stators are frying like this.

On the flip side, that bike is wild! I rode it up to get gas in the rain tonight and it has hellacious power. :cheers

·
Registered
251 Posts
can anyone post a picture of the gears assembly that is behind the smaller cover above the stator??? i was taking mine off and pried a little to hard and that gear assembly fell out and all the small parts went everywhere!! i have no idea which pieces go where.
I know this comment is old, put I wanted to provide an answer.

It is pretty easy to reassemble the gears and I recommend doing this because it is easier to put back together. The book has the order of each piece. The below pics are removal, reverse the order :)

1st replace the generator cover screw that is in the starter area.

I basically stuck the rod in the engine side slot, put the washer on it, then put the gear in, then put the bearing in, then put the washer on, then the spring washer, then the cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi im new to the forum, can you plz advise me on which stator coil I should go with, either the o.e.m. or the aftermarket stuff and which website should I buy from, im from belize c.a. so gat to do a on-line purchase.

thanks
a.ayala

·
Registered
15 Posts
A few people have gone with the stator from ricks motorsports http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/suzuki-gsxr-stator I just barely put mine in today, so I have yet to test it. I do get the annoying whistling noise like a lot of other people, but one guy said he has had his for two years with the noise and it's still working fine.

Here is a forum post and a video of the whistling noise.
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332853

Here is the post in that thread I was talking about.
still working fine no problems still making noise but it's barely noticeable due to my exhaust. Only if I'm really trying to hear it I'll be able to hear it over the exhaust. It's been approx. 2 years now and no problems.. my first oem stator burnt out due to the rectifier going bad and me not knowing.. only found out when the battery died and the bike wouldn't start. but yes absolutely no problems

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok gotta question i recently got into accident had to replace cover and magneto/flywheel when i have bolts loose i can freely spin flywheel through the starter gear hole....now when i tighten the bolts up to the 8lbs of tourqe it doesnt work the flywheel acts as if its jammed....i loosen bolts up the bike will start i tighten it just clicks.....note this is a aftermarket case not oem....can someone give me some advice as to what the hell i do ive taken it on and off 10 times with a broken hand.....not fun about to pick bike up and put it in dumpster....please help

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quick question, it's a little bit tricky but hope you can help me, ok the wires from the stator came off the connector, is there any way to figure out which wire goes where ( or they can be in any order) hope someone can help me. Here's a pic...
Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
About this Discussion
71 Replies
53 Participants
adrenalin79
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing