Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
can anyone post a picture of the gears assembly that is behind the smaller cover above the stator??? i was taking mine off and pried a little to hard and that gear assembly fell out and all the small parts went everywhere!! i have no idea which pieces go where.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the write up. I have a k8 and I have notice a whinding sound coming from the left side in the low rpm's. After a few posts from this web site I have determined that this is the way to start looking. The stator is probably burned like yours and many other riders. I was at the point where I was to pull on the stator case but found that it did not want to come off. but now I know that I have to put some more elbow grease to take it off and from there thanks to your pics I know what to do. So thank again Banadaman !!

·
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face
5,361 Posts
Hey,

Sure enough it was the stator, the coils were burned.
:biggrin

I ordered this part from this guy below, really cheap prices.
www.motorcycleparts2u.com

Thanks again for the post !!
I hope you bought a new coil set. Getting used electronic parts is a crapshoot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
can anyone post a picture of the gears assembly that is behind the smaller cover above the stator??? i was taking mine off and pried a little to hard and that gear assembly fell out and all the small parts went everywhere!! i have no idea which pieces go where.
First off, great write up... However, :stupid. Same issue :banghead Can someone please help a brother out? Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Go download the service manual. It's around here somewhere for download, just do a search. It will have pics and a diagram showing how that stuff fits together.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I'm getting ready to do this myself since I having the same problems, Tomorrow I'm going to test the battery while the bike is running to see if it's the battery itself and not the charging system, wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Just ordered both the stator and the rectifier 371beans :-(, Hopefully I can install this without having to call for help lol. thanks for the write up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
anyone know if theres any upgrade parts available? wiring improvements, improved reg/rect, stator, etc?

just picked up an 07 750 and running through the common issues.. thx

·
Yeah buddy!!
640 Posts
Nice write-up, I have replaced my rectifer/regulator and stator also, just a couple of months ago!! This seems to be a very common problem with the GSXR!!

·
Premium Member
487 Posts

I just did this today and the write up was very helpful, it took me the whole entire day.

1. When you do this make sure you seal up the Stator cover right with a new gasket and it won't hurt to put some silicone on it. So it won't leak oil like mine.

2. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE WASHER FROM THE IDLE GEAR SO IT WON'T FALL INTO THE ACTUAL STATOR. I ALMOST HAD A MAJOR DISASTER WHEN I WENT TO START UP THE ENGINE.

The problem was the regulator

I replaced a perfectly good stator for a new once since I couldn't return the new one that was shipped to me. So I have the old one that's in perfect working condition if someone wants to buy it.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts