Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove it? Will it change the way it runs? Thanks.

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
There are many post on the removal. Do a search and compile the data.

Yes it affects the way it runs.

Also you have to pull a wire so the bike does not show an error and so it will run correctly.

·
Premium Member
41,722 Posts
There are many post on the removal. Do a search and compile the data.

Yes it affects the way it runs.

Also you have to pull a wire so the bike does not show an error and so it will run correctly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Don't do it unless you are drag racing and it doesn't have enough low end power for you. You are going to mess up perfection.

I have never done this on my race bikes because it is not necessary. From what I have heard from a few drag guys is that it will help with low end acceleration. Sorry, but I roadrace and I wan't not for power, I am looking for ways to control what I have better. Besides when you are racing you are not in the low rpms except off the line. The rest of the race you stay in the power band.

Just forget about it. Try running your bike in higher rpm's instead. Or try remapping your fuel injection.

And if you really want to add some horses find out where your local Sunoco Race fuels seller is and buy some 104octane unleaded GTPlus(Blue). If it's not fast enough for you then, you need to strap your ass to a ballistic missle.

·
Premium Member
41,722 Posts
Don't do it unless you are drag racing and it doesn't have enough low end power for you. You are going to mess up perfection.

I have never done this on my race bikes because it is not necessary. From what I have heard from a few drag guys is that it will help with low end acceleration. Sorry, but I roadrace and I wan't not for power, I am looking for ways to control what I have better. Besides when you are racing you are not in the low rpms except off the line. The rest of the race you stay in the power band.

Just forget about it. Try running your bike in higher rpm's instead. Or try remapping your fuel injection.

And if you really want to add some horses find out where your local Sunoco Race fuels seller is and buy some 104octane unleaded GTPlus(Blue). If it's not fast enough for you then, you need to strap your ass to a ballistic missle.
I disagree. I removed my set valve and noticed NO power loss or low end grunt on my bike even on a stock map...Few others that I have talked to also removed theirs and they say the same thing I say..no power loss...

·
Registered
193 Posts
what about 05? i just removed the set valve and know the f1 light flashes. Im about to take it out for a short ride. i hope there isnt any power loss due to the f1 light/code.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts