Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know alot of you guys use wd40 to remove grease from the rims but is it safe to use on the fairings. What do you guys use to remove grease from your fairings.

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
yup its fine.. or use some type of degreaser like simple green. hell dish washing soap actually works well. But these types of things strip off all wax and protectants. clean it well then a good coat of wax

·
Registered
868 Posts
Simple green works the best.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
WD-40!! Cheap and easy!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard that aerosol furniter polish works as good as honda polish. Is that true or is it a load of crap? I've been wanting to use honda polish but the dealer is always out, so if the furniture stuff is the same i would give it a try.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use goo gone on the wheels..works great. Diluted Simple Green is great I have to agree. On paint I'm with a grease cutting soap. What sucks about cleaning grease off the paint is that grease attracts dirt so whatever is used care must be taken not to scratch the finish. Damn grease picks everything up so it becomes like sandpaper if you're not careful about how you remove/wipe it off.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
honda spray cleaner/polish.. i clean pretty much the whole bike with that except for the chain. plexus works great on the plastics as well (use it for my helmet visors too).

·
Registered
134 Posts
That Honda Polish/Cleaner is the shit!

WD-40 works well too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Motul Wash N Wax is the BEST!

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
I heard that aerosol furniter polish works as good as honda polish. Is that true or is it a load of crap? I've been wanting to use honda polish but the dealer is always out, so if the furniture stuff is the same i would give it a try.
thats an old body man trick when theres sry spots on fresh paint. hit it with furniture polish right before it leaves and they never know

1 - 15 of 15 Posts