Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way or any tricks to remove parts of a gasket (i.e. remaining parts of a gasket from a clutch cover) and the left over sealer? I've got most of the main gasket off but pieces of the gasket are still stuck to the cover. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!!.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
razor blade and wipe it down w/ acetone to get rid of any gunk that won't come off when you're done.

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
markbsae said:
I carefully use a razor bladeonthings like clutch covers and such but if you are not carefull you can do more harm than good.

On steel i use a scotch brite disk on a die grinder.
Ditto.

Also, as much as I don't like to use them, chemical gasket removers will save the worry of gouging your gasket surface with a razor, if you lack the skill to hold the blade flush with the surface while scraping.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the input and ideas, I discovered that a combination of the stated methods work best. I began using gasket remover (spray can)and a razor blade works pretty well for the majority of the task at hand and then I use a scotch all purpose cleaning pad or steel wool pad (fine steel) to finish the job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.