Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember on another forum which I cannot find any more that some guys were talking about taking the fork brace off of a 93 750. any ideas on this???

Steven

------------------

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts
are you referring to the heavy and pointless front fender brace that is on the fork underneath the front fender? if so, what about it? whaddya mean, ideas? try the watercooled forum. this forum is strictly for goofoffs and ideas about alternative biodegradable human fuel supplies.

------------------
Hotrod

"i'm gonna git you, sucka!"

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to the watercooled forum and that did not help much. Yeah the fender brace. Is it a fender brace or a fork brace? Will it affect handling if I take it off?

Steven

------------------
93 GSXR 750

[This message has been edited by gixer (edited 05-06-2001).]

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts
well it should affect handling to a mild extent by simply making your bike lighter. you are probably thinking of the thread where i asked for advice on lightening my 93 750. great bike, although rather porkey by most standards. i believe it was bcjohn who recommended it. (he has a beautiful 93 that used to be an 1100) use the search feature to dig up old topics and the answers to questions that a bazillion other people have asked. i believe that anyone that has ever owned a 93-95 has looked for a way to lose some of that pork. the most obvious method is an exhaust system (i am trying to get a hindle, per bc's advice...). depending on how serious you are about all that, aftermarket wheels are a great way to reduce unsprung weight, race bodywork,etc. for that kinda money... might wanna just look into a newer model though.

------------------
Hotrod

"i'm gonna git you, sucka!"

·
Registered
263 Posts
Braces are a waste of money, they only add weight to your bike (or your teeth) and they make you look funny too!!

(WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THIS FORUM!! People are giving genuine answers here!!
)

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts