Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello , I have 2009 year GSXR 1000, it have OEM exhaust and for now I don't have enough money to buy full sytem exhaust , but I need high Voice from my motorcycle , so I need your advice , what would happen if I will remove Catalist and Exhaust ?

so as I can see There is one main pipe , after thet pipe there is connected Catalis , and from catalis there is coming 2 pipe of exhausts , so if I will Remove Catalis from main pipe with his exhaust and everything will something wrong will happens? I am thinking to Remove Catalis and on main pipe I will make one Streight Pipe and in the end of that Pipe I will use some sport Exhaust for better voice, is it possible ? and if I will remove this catalis , my motorcycle will lose some power or something or what happens ?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
hello , I have 2009 year GSXR 1000, it have OEM exhaust and for now I don't have enough money to buy full sytem exhaust , but I need high Voice from my motorcycle , so I need your advice , what would happen if I will remove Catalist and Exhaust ?

so as I can see There is one main pipe , after thet pipe there is connected Catalis , and from catalis there is coming 2 pipe of exhausts , so if I will Remove Catalis from main pipe with his exhaust and everything will something wrong will happens? I am thinking to Remove Catalis and on main pipe I will make one Streight Pipe and in the end of that Pipe I will use some sport Exhaust for better voice, is it possible ? and if I will remove this catalis , my motorcycle will lose some power or something or what happens ?
If you remove the Cat you will need to re-map the bike using something like a power commander. It's quite a popular mod and will gain you some power. However, if you don't do the re-map you can damage the bike (as it may run lean).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunatly i dont have power commander just i have only one slip on . And i am thinking how to make loud voice :) i have now 2 slip on oem. And i was thinking about to remove cata with tham for change but as you say then i will damage my motorcycle or will lose some hp :) any idea how can i do to have lower sound withour re map and power commander ?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I removed catalist . And original slip on. And install single slip on on the main paip. I have felling that motorcycle runs faster but i dont know is it possible to lose some HP whe removing original catalis ?

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Yes its very possible your fueling is now lean and you are losing horsepower from stock

·
Super Moderator
14,992 Posts
Not to mention the leaner condition will cause your bike to run hotter. Just save up some money and do it right. You're bike will thank you later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts