Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing new remote clutch and brake mastercylinders on my gix and thought I'd share some pics. Both my originial units were trashed from the previous owners never changing the fluid and drop testing them a couple of times. Both units are Nissan, the clutch is new from DennisKirk and the brake is from a 93'GSXR as is the lever. The hardest part was finding a position that would keep the reservoirs from hitting the fairing support bar. I basically fabbed some brackets from aluminum bar stock and it turned out pretty well IMO. I still need to find some heavy duty paint or have the hardware coated as the paint I used isn't sticking. A side benifit is that these units are much easier to bleed than the old style.

More pics:
http://home.attbi.com/~jehamm3/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-MerchantID-65288-Publish-t-makestatic-true-skip-15.html

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
looks good

and very familiar

sorry for the shitty photos

I will probably have to lower the brake m/c (and yes I have to cut the clutch side hose)

it is hard to figure out a way to mount them huh? Since I am using aftermarket clipons it gave me a spot to mount the brackets to

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
out of curiosity... whered you get that key-ring? That thing rules (and would match my bike perfectly) LOL
!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr Gixxer, what style or brand of clipons do you have on there, are they a different bend from stock? Not much room to work with under that damn fairing support. I like that fancy reservoir, actually thought about getting one but I'd be too worried someone would theive it then I'd have to hunt them down and kill em...

Mr Slappy, I got the keyfob at my local stealer for around $4.00. I've seen them on ebay and they might have them at DK, I'll check my catalog in a bit and let ya know.

Nice lookin bike by the way, looks familiar. I really need to get one of the rear seat cowls for mine as it enhances the looks quite a bit IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts