Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a arrow slipon..but its not running correctly cause it havnt been rejetted to the bike....I dont know anything about rejetting to match a pipe..
Is it something you can do yourself or is it too complicated to try.....does it cost alot for the mechanics to do it..
thanx..

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
rejetting for a slip on??? come on....!!!

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by spongebob:
rejetting for a slip on??? come on....!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Normaly you might want to fatten the midrange a bit and sometimes even the main jet... It really comes down to how the bike runs...

John

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
i suppose you could rejet a pure stock bike too!!

seems like a waste of money...to me anyway..i see alot of guys crying about how their bikes run after a rejet, even when a so called mechanic does the work.....i personally would only rejet if the bike was modified(a slip on isnt really a modification.....to me)or for altitude...anyone wanting to rejet should really go a do a search on the subject..the more info you have BEFORE you do a project, the better off your going to feel...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx for the input....the only reason why i thought i needed to rejet was that the bike felt a little flat in the low range ...and i thought it's easy as syncing the carbs ...but guess...i wont bother with it...

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
know what you may want to do? is go for that 16k mile tune up and get someone with their head OUT of their ass to do it for you..adjusting the carb linkage is very important along with the sinc. thing..a valve adjustment was the best thing (next to the tre mod) that i had done to my bike..

do not take your bike to a dealer for this tune up..go and fine some one like vance&hines..or a really good well know bike tuner...these guys wont try to sell you a dumb ass aftermarket(im trying to be nice freak, i hope you noticed)air filter either...good luck dOOd, its a jungle out there..

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well, first off...a bike has to have jets, to be rejetted..a 97'600 is Carburated...no Fuel Injection, ie: Jets to remap. Also, if it's just a slip-on and not a full-exhaust system, there is no reason you should have to make any adjustments. Depending on how many K's are on the bike, a carb sync might be a good idea, but everything else, ie: cam timing, valve timing, etc is all computer controlled and "self-adjusting" Oh yeah, about air filters....don't blow a wad on anything else other then a stock Airfilter for a non-FI bike. Even some of the older ones don't get that much out of it, or can even be made worse. What I REALLY want to know is..why'd you get an Arrow can?
Heh..ever heard of Yoshimura? Anyway..you'll get used to your new slip-on.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
My 97 600 had sort of a flat spot in it too, it had a Yosh slip on..To me, it was never a big deal..just keep the revs up...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Originally posted by =GSXR=:
thanx for the input....the only reason why i thought i needed to rejet was that the bike felt a little flat in the low range ...and i thought it's easy as syncing the carbs ...but guess...i wont bother with it...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">my 97 750 is a pure dog up till 5k, 5k-7k not to bad so-so power, then 7k+ the thing go's ape shit. i've heard the 96 & 97 do that

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy_monkey:
Well, first off...a bike has to have jets, to be rejetted..a 97'600 is Carburated...no Fuel Injection, ie: Jets to remap. Also, if it's just a slip-on and not a full-exhaust system, there is no reason you should have to make any adjustments. Depending on how many K's are on the bike, a carb sync might be a good idea, but everything else, ie: cam timing, valve timing, etc is all computer controlled and "self-adjusting" Oh yeah, about air filters....don't blow a wad on anything else other then a stock Airfilter for a non-FI bike. Even some of the older ones don't get that much out of it, or can even be made worse. What I REALLY want to know is..why'd you get an Arrow can?
Heh..ever heard of Yoshimura? Anyway..you'll get used to your new slip-on.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well I have rejeted stock 600s that run better.. I have jetted 600s with nothing more then a slip on and that made a BIG difference.. So it does help. Remember that the stock muffler is a lot more restrictive then the slip ons... When you open up the pipe (even the slip ons) it would be nice to jet the bike a bit. I would not go buy a jet kit for it... i would just step up the main jet a few sizes and shim the needles a tad... It really does help smooth it out...

Bob, yes I saw that about the filter... We all know that the K&N doesnt do anything for power..
It is just nice to never buy new filters..

John

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
of course rejetting can benefit stock bikes.

what kind of bikes do dynojet and factory pro use to do their jet kit r&d on?

that's right, stock ones.

stock jetting (or fuel injection mapping, as the case may be) needs to meet emissions requirements. often, things like driveability, throttle response, and even power suffers because of this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts