Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appear to have ecu problem on GSXR1000 K6 that means pump is not run by brain. Everything works fine. Magic keys appear to talk with bike. No fault codes. Clutch and kill and ignition and stand switches all good. Tip switch actually bypassed.
Only way can get 12v to pump is to run a line to it. Bike then runs fine, but pump obviously on full tilt and fuel then pressurises out of the coupling at tank outlet. Presume the other contact at pump plate is a regulator feedback to ecu when pressure reached? If so could make a little cut circuit to drive pump independently.
Thinking how to rig some form of relay system to perhaps a 43psi pressure switch?
New ECU or megga bill from dealership not happening..........

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
Have you tested the continuity and resistance for the wires associated with the fuel pump?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
You seem to be intimating that the ECM cycles the pump on and off to maintain the correct pressure. That's doubtful as the SDS doesn't even monitor the signal to the pump relay, which it certainly would do if it was cycling on and off. Furthermore the delivered pressure isn't measured so the ECM would have to infer the pressure from the injector duty, possible but iffy. I'm fairly sure that the pump runs all the time and regulation is solely by the pump's pressure regulator. Note that the pressure test in the service manual measures the deadheaded pressure. That's inconsistent with the ECM turning the pump off to keep the pressure at the 300 KPa level.

I suggest that you look at the fuel pump relay and the lines to/from it (measure the coil resistance and voltage levels) as that's more likely to be where your problem is. As a quicky test, swap the fuel pump and cooling fan relays.

P.S. I'm unimpressed by your bypassing the tipover switch and wonder if it has something to do with your problem. How did you do it? Your premise that the ECM cycles the pump on/off to maintain pressure, bypassing the tipover switch, plus the use of terms like "brain" and "magic keys" suggests that you're over your head. Frankly a visit to the dealer is probably in order and, given what appears to have been done, a "megga bill" may result.

"Presume the other contact at pump plate is a regulator feedback"
That's the level sensor signal, as is clearly shown in the service manual. You're just inventing things that have little to do with reality.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,152 Posts
Do you perchance see CHEC at the lower right of the dash? Any problem in the operation of the pump relay, or its wiring would throw a code, so, since the pump isn't powered and you're not getting any codes, I'm thinking the ECU isn't online at all. Another possibility might be that the ECU has cut off the fuel as a result of not getting the proper signal from the tip-over sensor. I'm not sure whether the dash would read CHEC, or throw a code in that case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts