Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big shout out to Wetmoney for leading me up a local route I have never known about. I used to fire up 287 to Skyline Dr, loop around the resivoir and head back down through Wanaque (Wanaque roads suck ass.)

Thanks to Frank there is no need for 287 or Wanaque--just pretty damn good road conditions, some very nice twists and corners, great scenary and a few good places to open it up (or get past those cages :D)

We left at around 3:45 and made it up to the resivoir in about an hr.

Def something to think about during the week as it's getting darker much later, or just for quick meet ups.

Definitely a fun ride!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Def a good time. I usually take that ride solo.. But it's good to know someone else enjoyed it. I'll try and post up a route on google maps for others to get an idea.

·
Papa Johns Diaper Service...
2,835 Posts
I used to ride on Skyline drive all the time when I lived in NJ. I haven't been there in years and never with the gixxer. I used to ride there solo as well.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
Mehhh, it's better than nothing if that's all you have to work with but there's far too much auto traffic throughout most of the day. Much better roads to be found if you venture up towards Sussex

·
Banned
10,466 Posts
Skyline Drive around here sucks balls...25mph limit and cuts right through a National Park. Fun if you got the balls...sucks ass if you get caught.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mehhh, it's better than nothing if that's all you have to work with but there's far too much auto traffic throughout most of the day. Much better roads to be found if you venture up towards Sussex
yea, it tends to bottle up near Kinnelon and riverdale area. but its not that bad.
i pieced this route together the past year.
i normally ride alone to venture to fine new routes. im sure there are alot of places i havent been.
but im up for anything.
i still havent been up to BEAR MTN!! :hammer haha

but this run is good for anyone lookin for a nice easy paced ride and some nice corners.
Def helped me get more confidence in my riding.

:thumbup

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The roads are def bit better when you head up towards blairstown, 206 etc..but for guys in this general area and I know they're about 5-6 of us, (Lincoln Park, Fairfield, Caldwells) that's not something you're gonna do at 6:30 PM after work when you just wanna scratch that itch.

It bottles up a slight bit crossing over 23 but other than a few cages we got stuck behind it's a fun, quick ride. I've had that happen on the nicer roads in Sussex and Warren as well. Cars suck, old people driving them suck worse.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
Hence why I've been off the street for the last 2 straight years. Only cars they let on the racetrack are in between sessions lol

·
Deceptively fast Bob...
20,178 Posts
Maybe you need to lead a ride then :shifty

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
I've never much enjoyed leading group rides. Did it a few times back in the day up through Sussex. I dunno, the few times I've ridden this year I just crawl along now. Public streets feel so much more confined and dangerous now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts