Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know where i could possibly get ahold of a reduced radius throttle for an 05 gsxr 750? If so please give a web address. Thanks

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Call Mike at Heatwavecycles.com. He'll hook you up!

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
does it make it a little to twitchy to learn, or out of curiousity why would you do this?

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Just buy a R1 throttle tube or an R6. It's a plug and play thing. No modifications needed.

R6=1/5
R1=1/6
What he said. I got the R1 throttle and it was a piece of cake to install and works great. No more fooling around to get to WFO.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Just buy a R1 throttle tube or an R6. It's a plug and play thing. No modifications needed.

R6=1/5
R1=1/6
What he said. I got the R1 throttle and it was a piece of cake to install and works great. No more fooling around to get to WFO.
I went from the BRG to the R1 tube, and it's much better...

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
You can get the Yammie throttle tubes at Ron Ayers. Click logo at the top of the screen.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
What year R1 tube will fit an 03' 600? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
voodoo98 - yes. You have to loosen them first to get the cables on to the new throttle and then tighten them back up for slack. Just prop the tank up and it's a piece of cake.

Shortbus, not 100% sure, but I would think it's the same throttle.... that means a 2000-2001 R1 throttle will work. Probably other years as well, but I know those 2 will.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Thanks NoBull! I will order one next week and give everyone the lowdown.

·
Registered
297 Posts
is there any modification needed for the 04 600? like shortening the throttle cable or something? also, do i just buy a stock R1 throttle tube, and if so, what year? thanks

·
Registered
580 Posts
No mods needed on your 04-but you will have to loosen & later adjust cables after.I saw part #s either here or in club racer-do a search

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Yeah no mods or shortening necessary. It really is easy. Just go to ronayers.com and look up a 2000 R1 throttle and order that. It'll be like 20 bucks after shipping.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have had the R1 throttle tube on for about two weeks now and i am much more satisfied with the responce i get. it definately feels like a new bike.

·
Registered
528 Posts
O.K. guys, call me stupid but is the throttle grip assembly for the 2000 R1 the same thing as the throttle tube? I went to RonAyers.com and looked it up on the fiche but all they had was the whole thing, it appears to be the tube and the grip together. Is this what you guys are ordering? It's like 10.00 and change before shipping. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts