Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to be a really dumb question, but why does my red light always turn on, it’s on from the moment the bike is on. Can it be from having the cables removed on the servo motor? I did change the oil and coolant too

·
Registered
394 Posts
An FI light? Is it a low oil pressure light?
Can you put it in dealer mode and get the code for the light? That usually leads to a fix..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An FI light? Is it a low oil pressure light?
Can you put it in dealer mode and get the code for the light? That usually leads to a fix..
I do have an FI, would that be the reason for it? I had the cable on the servo removed because it didn’t work anymore

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,201 Posts
I do have an FI, would that be the reason for it? I had the cable on the servo removed because it didn’t work anymore
Um, you pretty much answered it yourself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
To have the FI not flash up you will need to remove a wire from the ECU it’s a simple job just have a look on YouTube for guidance 👍

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,757 Posts
There'd also be an oil can icon displayed if it was low oil pressure. But it's almost certainly due to fiddling with the EXCVA. Putting it in dealer mode should show a C46 error. Note that the bike will be in fail-safe/reduced power mode until that's corrected. The void left by removing a lead to the ECM should be plugged.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There'd also be an oil can icon displayed if it was low oil pressure. But it's almost certainly due to fiddling with the EXCVA. Putting it in dealer mode should show a C46 error. Note that the bike will be in fail-safe/reduced power mode until that's corrected. The void left by removing a lead to the ECM should be plugged.
I’ll be doing it very soon then, should I put a servo buddy on?

·
Registered
Suzuki GSXR 600 & 1000
516 Posts
I’ll be doing it very soon then, should I put a servo buddy on?
Yes the servo buddy is what you need installed. It worked flawlessly on my bike.

Take a look at these threads to answer your question.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts