Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2007 gsxr-600 i dont have a owners manual but a red light that is next to speed odometer will not go off does this light suppose to stay on or is it telling me there is a problem please help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I got the same bike, same year as yours... My red light is on as well and I was told it had to do with my aftermarket exhaust... in my case, it does eventually shut off... if you havent done the exhaust swap... you'll just have to take it in to the shop...

·
Nittany Lion
4,277 Posts
It called an F1 light. Same principle as as check engine light in your car. And yes, it's telling you something is wrong. Perhaps someone disposed the O2 sensor when changing the exhaust and didn't install the 02 sensor plug to trick the Ecu for example..Or if you have an aftermarket exhaust without a pc it could throw a light as it's not tuned properly. Regardless or that being the issue or not, something is wrong. You need to have some look up the code by displaying it on your odometer to find out what the problem is. You can have that done at a dealership or by bringing up the code yourself. There are a few threads on here that will educate you in that area. Or you can bypass the need to bring up the code, if you know what to look for. As far as what the recent owner of the bike did or didn't do to cause the light to come on in the first place.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
It is not an F1 light, it is an FI light. And yes, it means something is wrong with the bike. You need to put the bike into dealer mode, and find out what code the ecu is throwing. Could be something simple like the C46 error code from the SET valve, or something serious like an error with a fuel injector or ignition coil.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My "red light" has always been on. when i put it in dealer mode, i get -C00 as i should, indicated that i do not have any problems. Is the red light something to worry about, or does it probably have something to do with the aftermarket exhaust and whatnot?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is the aftermarket exhaust a slip-on or a full system? If it is a full, the SET Valve could possibly be whats setting it off.

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
1,931 Posts
My "red light" has always been on. when i put it in dealer mode, i get -C00 as i should, indicated that i do not have any problems. Is the red light something to worry about, or does it probably have something to do with the aftermarket exhaust and whatnot?
Chances are youre not putting it in dealer mode correctly. Try putting it in dealer mode again, but this time have the bike running in neutral the whole time. Make sure the FI light is lit, and dont turn it off until after you read your code.

Post back with results.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Chances are youre not putting it in dealer mode correctly. Try putting it in dealer mode again, but this time have the bike running in neutral the whole time. Make sure the FI light is lit, and dont turn it off until after you read your code.

Post back with results.
tThanks for the info bud, problems all fixed, had to re-solder my svta, adjust tps, and put a resistor in my pair valve connector. No more red light or FI!

1,931 Posts
tThanks for the info bud, problems all fixed, had to re-solder my svta, adjust tps, and put a resistor in my pair valve connector. No more red light or FI!
Glad you got it solved. :thumbup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts