Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RED LIGHT ON, SHOWS F1 BUT NO \"C\" CODE ON DISPLAY

Hi, I had upgraded from a K2 to a brand new K3. Had it for 4 months now. Have the bike fixed with bolt on Akra, USBpc3, K&N filter, TRE kits and brembo brake pump. Everything went normal until my recent long haul ride of some 1200km. After about 300km or so the red light appeared and F1 shown on the display without any " C " code. I stop the bike and turn the key to OFF. Had it restarted and the light and F1 disappeared. Again, after some 50km or so the red light and F1 sign shown. I had to make a full stop and go with the key to OFF and restart for everytime it happened. Anybody out there had experienced this with a K3? I run trough the posts and could not find any similar case. I came across a couple of posts that mentioned about disconneting a brown wire in the ECU or something. I hope to get some solutions from some genius out there. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Re: RED LIGHT ON, SHOWS F1 BUT NO \"C\" CODE ON DISPLAY

the brown wire is for a slip-on or full system. Not a bolt on. Next time carry a paper clip with you (or safety-wire) and a spare key, locate the dealer mode plug before you ride. Next time the light comes on, pull over and jump the wires to get into dealer mode. It will then display the error code where the temp normally is on the gauges. That will tell you the problem. Do a search on dealer mode. there is plenty of info on which wires and the fault codes. If you turn the bike off, the code is lost. It gets reset. Do not turn the bike off before going into dealer mode. That is the reason for carrying your spare key to get under the rear cowl (seat)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: RED LIGHT ON, SHOWS F1 BUT NO \"C\" CODE ON DISPLAY

Thanks Racerboy. But where is the dealer mode plug located? and how to jump the wire? I am a bit lost. I am sorry but thanks for the quick reply. cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts