Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The battery of my gsxr keep dying, i think i need to change it, I´m using one YTZ10S (12v 8.6Ah).
What is the recommended battery for this bike?

Regards
Spitando

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. I think the problem is the battery. Because a week ago I put to charge for few hours and yesterday didn't had power to start the bike, and during the week was not even connected to the bike.

·
Registered
147 Posts
No. Just remove the front seat, disconnect the cables from the bike and connect the charger to the battery. So battery was in the bike.
That rules out that possibility.

Do you have the “double R” model? If so, the stock battery for that bike is notoriously awful IMO.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That rules out that possibility.

Do you have the “double R” model? If so, the stock battery for that bike is notoriously awful IMO.
Yes I have the double R model.
I feel the same, battery is too weak for the bike, but don´t know the specs of the original.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I feel the same, battery is too weak for the bike, but don´t know the specs of the original.
BATTERY ASSY (YTZ10S) (33620-17K00)
That's the battery part number .
Maybe find a better brand or lithium one on ebay ?

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Is that the correct link
(model of battery)? It looks like the positive and negative terminals are reversed compared to the stock battery, or does it not really matter?
Sorry. I sent you the link I used and the picture is wrong. It ends up being a Firepower brand and terminals are correct. If you search for model #
HJTZ10S-FP-IL you should get other options. However the amazon link worked just fine for me.
This is what I received BTW.

·
Registered
208 Posts
In my opinion you should just get the stock equivalent of the OEM one that it came with,, only get a Yuasa replacement battery. I was very surprised to find out earlier this year that Suzuki (well at least the GSX range) no longer comes out with Yuasa batteries, and a certain percentage of them seem to give up the ghost within a year or two from brand new. So far my 1000 L8 battery seems ok but if/when it goes on the blink, it's out immediately and a Yuasa is going back in to replace it. After that, I would expect no more troubles..

Al

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

The battery of my gsxr keep dying, i think i need to change it, I´m using one YTZ10S (12v 8.6Ah).
What is the recommended battery for this bike?

Regards
Spitando
Get a cheap load tester at Harbor Freight Tools. I got mine on sail for < $20. My battery on my K6 just died and I ordered one at Battery Clerk for $32 including shipping.

You can save few pounds by getting a lithium battery but for me a better stategy to skip a few desserts. I am 6'1" and weigh 195 lbs.but should be 185. You won't save 10 lbs on a lithium battery.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
You can save few pounds by getting a lithium battery but for me a better stategy to skip a few desserts. I am 6'1" and weigh 195 lbs.but should be 185. You won't save 10 lbs on a lithium battery.
You will save 5 pounds however. The cheapest way to lose 5 pounds on the bike.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts